Australian MP Calls For End Of ‘Stupid’ Olympic Bid From Brisbane During Pandemic

GBModerator

An Australian Federal Member of Parliament has called for an end to the Southeast Queensland 2032 Olympic Games bid (SEQ 2032), describing the initiative as a “stupid idea.” MP Bob Katter who represents the fringe right-wing Katter’s Australian Party (KAP) wants all work on Australia’s bid, the first since Sydney hosted the Games in 2000, […]

The post Australian MP Calls For End Of ‘Stupid’ Olympic Bid From Brisbane During Pandemic appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

I’d just like to point out that Bob Katter is one of our idiot politicians. He’s from rural Queensland (the state I live in) and he’s a homophobic idiot who is essentially just a shock jock who goes for headlines. He’s not a politician anyone in this country with a brain takes seriously. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Olympic Fan Darcy said:

I’d just like to point out that Bob Katter is one of our idiot politicians. He’s from rural Queensland (the state I live in) and he’s a homophobic idiot who is essentially just a shock jock who goes for headlines. He’s not a politician anyone in this country with a brain takes seriously. 

Absolutely- but he and fellow right wing nutjob Pauline Hanson are very loud.

There is a state election on Queensland later this year..., so the attitude of the opposition maybe critical to the bid (should they win). I think they are on board, but I suspect they may change their mind in a desperate attempt to win votes.