Paris 2024 Presentation

I know this sounds like a copy of Tokyo, but I'm hoping Paris features a little "Thank you/Merci" part after the French anthem, cos Paris sadly suffered two terrorist attacks in 2015, Nice had one in 2016 and also the Notre Dame was sadly burnt down in a fire in 2019.
It's only right for them to give their gratitude to the world for their support during those tragic times.

6 hours ago, Shiruba98 said:

I know this sounds like a copy of Tokyo, but I'm hoping Paris features a little "Thank you/Merci" part after the French anthem, cos Paris sadly suffered two terrorist attacks in 2015, Nice had one in 2016 and also the Notre Dame was sadly burnt down in a fire in 2019.
It's only right for them to give their gratitude to the world for their support during those tragic times.

While the terrorist attacks were indeed a tragedy, it doesn't compare to the 2011 Earthquake which killed thousands and left even more thousand of people homeless. Also, it could be kinda provocative to muslim majority nations to do that. About Notre Dame, those stuff are prone to happen sadly when a building is too old and it doesn't get enough manteinance, and its also controversial on its on way since many weren't very supportive of financing the rebuilding of a church when a lot of other things such as social injustice are going on.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 6:36 AM, Shiruba98 said:

Sanctimonious a bit?  The IOC probably would nix that.  The point of the "Next Host Show segment" is to drum up excitement for the Olympics at the next site -- not to give platitudes and other peripheral messages.  Terrorist attacks and disasters like fires happen all OVER the world; they're not unique.  They also don't project an upbeat vide which is what the Handover show is supposed to give.   

• 2 weeks later...

Since Pyongchang 2018, it's expected a drone logo performance in ceremonies and handovers, so no surprise if we end up watching that as a handover finale. I guess Paris 2024 might focus more on values. France's motto and Coubertin's ideologies are likely to be shown and reminded. No controversies, but axiological ideals to excite people. 

I'd personally be happy if I simply watched can-can dancing and Eiffel Tower projections. Whatever will be more amusing than what Tokyo 2020 is going to offer in the closing ceremony. 

I doubt Macron disguises as Astérix boogieing in one corner of the stadium, yet it'd be acceptably fun to see. 

Also the show will be pre-recorded and beamed live to Tokyo, as opposed to the usual live performance cos you know, COVID = no French performers are allowed.
But hopefully, whatever the Paris presentation will look like in France will be good nonetheless.

On 7/31/2021 at 1:00 PM, Shiruba98 said:

Also the show will be pre-recorded and beamed live to Tokyo, as opposed to the usual live performance cos you know, COVID = no French performers are allowed.
But hopefully, whatever the Paris presentation will look like in France will be good nonetheless.

Woodkid is having a free concert during the handover.

• Like 1

Official youtube channel of Paris 2024 has uploaded the presentation.

National Anthem (a very beautiful rendition. After all, we're talking about THE national anthem, so they couldn't butcher this)

And the presentation. Shame that the Pandemic forced them to make the Handover on this style, but neverthless, I feel it was very professional and not cringe at all. I trust Paris will do something with style in 2024.

Formidable!

Merci Paris!

I liked it. Highlight of the whole CC. I must have some French blood in me, I was getting chills watching it. Looked like more people at the Trocadero than in the Tokyo Olympic Stadium. I’m so, so, so looking forward to Paris.

And La Marseillaise? From the flute to the sax in space, I thought it was the best performance of an anthem at an Olympics ceremony. Or at least up there with Advance Australia Fair in Sydney.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

Formidable!

Merci Paris!

I liked it. Highlight of the whole CC. I must have some French blood in me, I was getting chills watching it. Looked like more people at the Trocadero than in the Tokyo Olympic Stadium. I’m so, so, so looking forward to Paris.

And La Marseillaise? From the flute to the sax in space, I thought it was the best performance of an anthem at an Olympics ceremony. Or at least up there with Advance Australia Fair in Sydney.

Was awesome. I would still have the Australian anthem in Sydney on top but I am Aussie!

/\/\ Why do you keep HIJACKING other threads with Sydney stuff?  WHy can't you at least give some respect to the topic of this thread - Paris 2024's Handover portion -- and do your Sydney stuff elsewhere? 

Now, a few questions about the music for the Paris 2024 preview?  What is all this hullaballoo about Woodkid's "composition"?  They used La Marseillaise throughout; how can that have been Woodkid's "work"?  Another scam?? 

Edited by baron-pierreIV
xx
  • Thanks 1