The LA 2028 Olympic Opening Ceremony will be held at the new Los Angeles Stadium with a simultaneous event held at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

Will the organisers have only the original Cauldron at the LA Memorial Coliseum ignited, or will they light a new design Cauldron at the new Los Angeles Stadium, or light both?

I imagine the existing cauldron-tower at Memorial will be the main cauldron.  There might be a representational/symbolic replica or such similar format at the INDOOR SoFi Stadium for the Ceremonies.  (My, you're on a roll with all these cauldron posts.)  

On 3/8/2020 at 4:37 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

I imagine the existing cauldron-tower at Memorial will be the main cauldron.  There might be a representational/symbolic replica or such similar format at the INDOOR SoFi Stadium for the Ceremonies.  (My, you're on a roll with all these cauldron posts.)  

The existing cauldron tower certainly was used for the first 2 LA Olympic Games with the opening ceremony crowd flanking it. 

i think though with the Opening Ceremony crowd and all the action at the new stadium, it will be hard to have the main Cauldron at a different location (LA Memorial Coliseum) to the main Opening Ceremony location.

50 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

i think though with the Opening Ceremony crowd and all the action at the new stadium, it will be hard to have the main Cauldron at a different location (LA Memorial Coliseum) to the main Opening Ceremony location.

They'll find a way to do it.  3rd time's a charm.

• Thanks 1