baron-pierreIV

China to limit virus fatalities to 2,022!

As the death count in the coronavirus hit the 2,004 mark, the Chinese organizers are playing numerology games in the hopes of bringing good luck to the Games.  China announced some Olympic surprises:

Family with the 2,008th death will get free Opening Ceremony seats in Beijing!!  ;)

The CCP also announced that deaths must stop at 2,022!  Any families who have deaths after that will be taken to a special camp and be erased from history.  The government of Xi Ping wants to ensure that Beijing 2022 will be a great and memorable Games, even more glorious than Beijing 2008!!   ;)

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Haha 1

of course they are.  Just like the World Cup in Russia, the IOC is going to have to hold their nose and jump in.  Its about survival at this point.  Im not sure they would survive a Beijing boycott.  Sidebar, if anyone is going to have to make a move NOW, its gonna have to be FIFA with the Qatar world cup, that one HAS to move, it is an unmitigated disaster.

12 hours ago, mountainboarder_530@yahoo. said:

of course they are.  Just like the World Cup in Russia, the IOC is going to have to hold their nose and jump in.  Its about survival at this point.  Im not sure they would survive a Beijing boycott.  Sidebar, if anyone is going to have to make a move NOW, its gonna have to be FIFA with the Qatar world cup, that one HAS to move, it is an unmitigated disaster.

Qatar was awarded the 2022 World Cup nearly 10 years ago (December 2010).  FIFA has had almost a decade to re-evaluate that choice with all that we've learned in that time.  And yet the 2022 World Cup is still scheduled for Qatar.  They didn't have the balls to go up against an oil rich Arab nation and tell them "you know what, we changed our minds.. sorry."  If they didn't do that in 2013 or 2015 or 2017, why would they do it in 2020?

Yes, that World Cup is likely going to be a disaster on a number of levels.  But the time to fix that mistake has come and passed.  FIFA has to live with the fallout and yes, they'll tell the world that they're happy with the decision rather than giving any indication they regret their choice.

On 2/20/2020 at 2:09 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

As the death count in the coronavirus hit the 2,004 mark, the Chinese organizers are playing numerology games in the hopes of bringing good luck to the Games.  China announced some Olympic surprises:

Family with the 2,008th death will get free Opening Ceremony seats in Beijing!!  ;)

The CCP also announced that deaths must stop at 2,022!  Any families who have deaths after that will be taken to a special camp and be erased from history.  The government of Xi Ping wants to ensure that Beijing 2022 will be a great and memorable Games, even more glorious than Beijing 2008!!   ;)

If I were American at this time, I wouldn't want to make jokes about the dictatorship that will host the next Winter Olympics. By the time 2028, you might live in a martial law authoritarian regime yourself (or even already by November 4th if Orangehead doesn't get the results he likes and his sycophants don't stop him).

42 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

If I were American at this time, I wouldn't want to make jokes about the dictatorship that will host the next Winter Olympics. By the time 2028, you might live in a martial law authoritarian regime yourself (or even already by November 4th if Orangehead doesn't get the results he likes and his sycophants don't stop him).

Yea, we're pretty close to that point already.  The good thing about 2028 is that - unless something ridiculous happens, and I don't even want to think about that - is that there's no way Trump is the President at that point and someone else will have been in place for at least 3.5 years.  I can't offer an outsider's perspective, but I'm guessing we haven't quite reached the "we're as bad as China" point just yet.