time is passing by

ghost1

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That´s why I´m always complaining about Salzburg. They have to convince the own people that OG´s are a good thing for Salzburg. Looking at the websites of the other candidates there seems to be a similar problem there. Salzburg has to do a permanent job to bring get the own inhabitants into their boat. Only doing something at the end of the race will not be enough. At the end they will be short of breath.

That´s why I´m always complaining about Salzburg. They have to convince the own people that OG´s are a good thing for Salzburg. Looking at the websites of the other candidates there seems to be a similar problem there. Salzburg has to do a permanent job to bring get the own inhabitants into their boat. Only doing something at the end of the race will not be enough. At the end they will be short of breath.

Yes, that's right, Salzburg's bid is technically almost perfect, but on the "easy" factors, like public opinion, Salzburg will probably get low marks

@ goethe: I don´t see a reason, why German authorities would say no. It´s already sure, that Salzburg can use the track - the mayor of Schönau is part of the Salzburg 2014 GmbH!

"German has a new government" - yes, sure, what should this change??? The relationship Germany-Austria is very good. The two Cancellors Merkel and Schüssel have many parallels - that´s just a laughable reason, you mentioned!

The public acceptance rises, polls showed that Austria as a country stands behind the bid, but I have to be honest, people in the city of Salzburg are most sceptic about the bid, from all Austrians, but as far as polls say, it´s also becoming better here.

The bid region of Pongau/Amadé has a very optimistic point of view although of the financial risk with about 75% pro Olympics.

@ zenica: You may not use this poll at Gamesbids for comparing. This is how the Gamesbidders voted, and we all know that most prefer Pyeongchang, here. The votes for Almaty and Borjomi don´t say anything about their bid. This poll doesn´t whether say anything about the strength of the bids nor about the public opinion about the Salzburg bid. In February we will have a little mor objectiv Bid Index.

Salzburg will go it´s way: Schönau is the littlest problem! The big problems are the acceptance in the city of Salzburg and the very strong concurrent with Pyeongchang (and maybe Sofia).

Yes, that's right, Salzburg's bid is technically almost perfect, but on the "easy" factors, like public opinion, Salzburg will probably get low marks

You are right, public opinion is a problem in the moment - I´m surprised about that since the day of the opinion poll. But I think the PRO-OLYMPIA part of Salzburg will grow with the bid. And I hope, that at the end, there are no bad marks for Salzburg. Remember the 2010 race, Salzburg had a very good public opinion. And also remember, that the winner for 2010 had the same problem.

2010 was really tight, that´s true. I think the problem comes also from IOC who has to be more part of the bid. Not only putting the raisins out of the cake, as we say here. They also have to bear a bigger part of the risk. That´s why the people are not so happy about bids. Besides PC and Sofia there should also be Sochi a strong candidate. Behind Sochi there stands a Russian billionaire, Shamil Tarpischev who is IOC executive member. And how many Tarpischevs exist in IOC? It´s always the same discussion.

On the final shortlist there are possibly

- PyoengChang

- Sochi

- Almaty

- Salzburg

- Sofia

out will be Jaca and Borjomi.

For 2014 the chances of the European candidates will be not so good. 1 Feb 2006 the questionnare has to be submitted. Let´s see what happens.

On the final shortlist there are possibly

- PyoengChang

- Sochi

- Almaty

- Salzburg

- Sofia

out will be Jaca and Borjomi.

For 2014 the chances of the European candidates will be not so good. 1 Feb 2006 the questionnare has to be submitted. Let´s see what happens.

Feb 01, but the mini bid books won't be released on the Internet then, probably 2-3 days later. And besides there is a chance that not every city releases his mini to the open public till the shortlist like Vancouver 2010

Feb 01, but the mini bid books won't be released on the Internet then, probably 2-3 days later. And besides there is a chance that not every city releases his mini to the open public till the shortlist like Vancouver 2010

P.S.:zenica, please, clean your messenger -

P.S.:zenica, please, clean your messenger - it's full!

Salzburg´s plan seems to be to speak to nearly every IOC member (as Mr. Schutti told us). Remember Mr. Raymond Ackerman from South Africa 2004 visited also nearly every IOC member but they failed. This doesn´t work. It´s only one point. On a long term sight this is the wrong way. Only the strategic points are counting.

we are waiting for soemthing new from Salzburg. Since the presentation of the logo nothing was heard from OC. If they want to be a serious candidate they should be more active. Winter is the season for Salzburg. They should take the chances to be more present in public and in the minds of their own people. Waiting for help from others or from God, maybe hoping on a lucky strike is not the right way.

And this is surely a big concern for Salzburg:

http://www.buergerliste.at/

it says NOLYMPIA

and that 61% are against the bid

Bürgerliste was always against the bids. The 61% are the well-known NO´s of the opinion poll in April in the city of Salzburg. So, that´s nothing new.

Yes, things surely have changed in Salzburg since then

And besides public opinion isn't the only IOC criteria

The 61% are nothing new, that´s true. But I think in general nothing has changed in the opinion of the people. OC has to live with this, the Austrian NOC has decided for Salzburg, so they have to do everything to provide the best bid for Salzburg. If they don´t do so, they could have saved the money they already spent.

http://www.jpc.de/sound/292/2921619_01.wma

It would be great if Salzburg would win the bid for the Games 2014, in Mozart´s 250th anniversary year with the help of the great music magician.

In that case your title "time is passing by" is really correct, zenica. It´s a thing of impossible, because the IOC decides in July 2007, while Mozart´s birthday is in less than two weeks  :;):

Archived