13th Winter Olympic Logo Comp - Ceremonie D'Annonce/Announcement Ceremony

Are you OK with actually turning up now then? Ah, yes, here you are:

Yes, Germany's most famous band have joined us as this is an announcement ceremony! And to conduct it, we have fahrt, fahrt, fahrted down the Autobahn to our host city, Frankenstein's hometown, DARMSTADT!

800px-La_Mathildenh%C3%B6he%2C_colline_jugendstil_%28Darmstadt%29_%287882270018%29.jpg

We are inside whatever that tower is to crown our 13th Winter Olympic logo comp champion, & here in the heart of Germany, who could be better to do it than a man with years of experience in opening envelopes, the IOC President (& Olympic champion in fencing, 1976) himself - Thomas Bach!

Thomas Bach (13951010204).jpg

For once, he's not appearing via videolink - so over to you, Tommy:

Bach: Danke schon - Guten abend aus alles. It is ein great honour to be here & see the athletes of [insert games here] gathered so peacefully in [insert city here]. I vish to give mein thanks to President Pu...I mean Chancellor Merkel for her support, & to Nik...I mean ze global sporting family for participating in zis great event. Ze Olympic Movement is...you know what, I do not need to do all zis. Let's get to ze point:

Ze International Olympic Committee has ze honour of announcing that the 13th Gamesbids Winter Olympic Logo Competition is awarded to ze city of...

darmstadt-600px.jpg

PAUL!

Yoshi: Danke Mr President. Your flight to Brisbane leaves soon, & Frankfurt Airport is next door. There we have it, proof that being late is not necessarily a bar on winning, as the logo comp colossus that is @paul takes title number 9! Apologies for the lack of a picture with Bach & the logo, that's due to the technical issues we've been having. Although I never heard anyone complaining that they didn't see Thomas Bach enough :P The result was clear after round 1, the scores were:

A: 2 B: 1 C: 0 D: 4.

That is Part 1 done, thank you to everyone who got involved, I know it wasn't a vintage comp with so little action on the board, but at least we had enough logos for multiple rounds. Theoretically, anyway. Thank you to everyone who submitted a logo, & also to all 7 voters. I was worried we might only get 3. Particular thanks to @Sir Rols for the admin help, poll starting, & even vote-getting thanks to his thread about old Tommy. Finally thanks to @paul for enabling us to survive Rols' Mac tragedy, & congrats once again on his latest win.

And that's winter done! We will gather again tomorrow on a very special train to begin & maybe end our search for the summer champion. Until then, it's bier und bratwurst (yum) all round! AUF WIEDERSEHN!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Paul - another notch on your record. I didn’t round to voting, but i do admit, i would have voted for yours if I did. Also glad to finally see a German city join our pantheon of make-believe (and a few real) games. And thanks to Glacib and JDCLauren for putting up some stiff competition, and for entering at all. Without you we’d have had no real comp this years.

And thanks again Paul for coming to our technical aid. Methinks we might need to seek that aid again if the summer poll goes more than one round.

• Thanks 1