PC's Bidding Logo? Possibly...

Interesting vision of Korea's objective with this bid :

"If Korea succeeds in the winter Olympic bid, it would become the world's sixth country to host the three global sports events of the summer and winter Olympics and the FIFA World Cup."

Could be true for Spain and Sweden as well, if they bid.

I wonder when China is going to bid for a FIFA World Cup.  :)

What the hell is that?  An Asian, an Amerindian, and an African crashing into each other in the dark blue snow?  :rolleyes:  So, it's a double-edged logo:  these are Asian (Winter) Games -- whiteys (i.e., Europe -blue and Oceania - green) not welcome; and an Asian, Amerindian and an African are so clutzy that they will crash into each other in the slopes of PyongChang.

if this is their new official logo for 2014 it is all right...I mean it looks good and everything....however I really liked their 2010 bid logo with the athlete figure....I thought that one was really sharp looking, and really was one of my all time favorite bid logos....but as I said this new one is good too, if it is even official....I look forward to seeing the other cities logos for 2014 as well.....

It happens that two consecutive bids keep the same logo.

I think Anchorage, Lillehammer, Oestersund, Salt Lake and Istanbul did that...

I think the IOC dosen't have probelm with that.

Hektor... thank God Paris 2012 bid didn't keep 2008's logo... it was the worst logo ever!

It happens that two consecutive bids keep the same logo.

I think Anchorage, Lillehammer, Oestersund, Salt Lake and Istanbul did that...

I think the IOC dosen't have probelm with that.

Hektor...

But remember, GamesBids apportions 65% of the total score to the bid logo, in the GB Index!?!   :suspect:

"If Korea succeeds in the winter Olympic bid, it would become the world's sixth country to host the three global sports events of the summer and winter Olympics and the FIFA World Cup."

Well, it could only be the seventh nation to host both Olympic Games. The other six are G8 nations.

Well, it could only be the seventh nation to host both Olympic Games. The other six are G8 nations.

Spain can also host both Olympic Games (We have host a WC and a SOG).

I have been informed by the PC Bid Committee that this is NOT the final approved international bidding logo.  This is an internal domestic campaign logo.

Although they did not rule out the possibility of using this logo for the bid, it would still have to be approved by the KOC and IOC before official, and that would be sometime after July 28.

At any rate, good find Andrew - at least we know what the bid committee is considering.

YAY~  :D

Anyway, if this becomes the new bidding logo, i like it better than last years.... Although, this new one has no "Asian" feel to it like the last one....

Although, this new one has no "Asian" feel to it like the last one....

This logo has nothing!

Is there anything about Korea or PC in it? I don't think so.

Bid logos don't need to have local feel. All you are doing is trying to appeal to the IOC and appear to be a "team player." And what better way to present oneself than to use the colours of the Olympic flag.

The old one may have been "prettier" but I believe this one, if it is the new one, will be more efficient.

Archived