Jump to content

Winter Olympics Recordings Collection


Recommended Posts

Hi,

I'm a collector and I'm looking for winter sports recordings, especially from ski jumping and nordic combined. I have a very big collection with videos related to these sport disciplines. I'm looking for ski jumping and nordic combined events from Winter Olympics 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2002 and 2006. I have very good quality recordings from Innsbruck 1964, Lake Placid 1984 or Sarajevo 1984 from ski jumping events (full competitions). I have hundreds of full ski jumping and nordic combined events to send in exchange.

Is there anyone who can help me in order to fill the gaps in my collection?

Thanks,

Victor

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AlVictor said:

Hi,

I'm a collector and I'm looking for winter sports recordings, especially from ski jumping and nordic combined. I have a very big collection with videos related to these sport disciplines. I'm looking for ski jumping and nordic combined events from Winter Olympics 1980, 1984, 1988, 1992, 1994, 1998, 2002 and 2006. I have very good quality recordings from Innsbruck 1964, Lake Placid 1984 or Sarajevo 1984 from ski jumping events (full competitions). I have hundreds of full ski jumping and nordic combined events to send in exchange.

Is there anyone who can help me in order to fill the gaps in my collection?

Thanks,

Victor

I think I can probably help you out.  Send me a personal message so we can chat over e-mail.  I have a very extensive collection of the Olympics from 1992 and on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

I think I can probably help you out.  Send me a personal message so we can chat over e-mail.  I have a very extensive collection of the Olympics from 1992 and on.

Hi Quaker2001, I tried to send you a personal message but it says that you cannot receive messages. Please tell me your email address or send me an email at almasan.victor29@gmail.com . Once I have your email address I will send you my complete list with ski jumping and nordic combined videos. Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have the Nagano opening ceremony? I've been searching for that for a while.

I have quite an extensive collection; opening ceremonies from 1960 onwards, 40-ish hours of live TV coverage for Rome '60, over 60 hours of TV coverage for Grenoble '68, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrva said:

Does anyone have the Nagano opening ceremony? I've been searching for that for a while.

I have quite an extensive collection; opening ceremonies from 1960 onwards, 40-ish hours of live TV coverage for Rome '60, over 60 hours of TV coverage for Grenoble '68, etc.

Do you have Atlanta, Sydney, Salt Lake, Athens, Torino, Beijing, Vancouver if you do let's talk

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mrva said:

Does anyone have the Nagano opening ceremony? I've been searching for that for a while.

I have quite an extensive collection; opening ceremonies from 1960 onwards, 40-ish hours of live TV coverage for Rome '60, over 60 hours of TV coverage for Grenoble '68, etc.

I do.  I saw your post in another thread about old Olympic recordings that I keep meaning to reply back to.  I saw the link to your site.  Assuming the e-mail address is still good there, I'll send you a message and hopefully we can work something out

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Hightowerio86 said:

Do you have Atlanta, Sydney, Salt Lake, Athens, Torino, Beijing, Vancouver if you do let's talk

Unfortunately not, I have opening ceremonies until Seoul. I do have Pyeongchang from the OBS feed (Eurosport had three additional tv channels carrying the OBS feed) but I guess everyone has a copy of that already.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hello all,

I, too, am interested in recordings of old Olympic Winter Games. I lost many of mine during several moves, but still have 2010 Vancouver, 2014 Sochi - along with the latest edition of 2018 PyeongChang. I was so crazed for the winter games at one time I made a display box for the 1998 Nagano games that fit 40 VHS tapes. Needless trouble say it was a tad cumbersome ... That was one set I lost in the last move, and it still irks me. So ... If anyone out there would be willing to help out a fellow Olympics nut, I would love to set up a deal with you for DVD copies of the games. Anyone? Pretty please?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have been looking to fill my collection lost similarly to what WinteRings has stated.  Specifically, I am looking for 1994 Lillehammer (CBS) and 2000 Sydney (NBC).  You can email me at Icedog2735@gmail.com if you can help ... please! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Is anyone aware of any other message boards or websites regarding the Olympics that might have other collectors and traders of Olympic broadcasts?  Still trying to work on obtaining other recordings and, in addition to reaching out to networks and libraries, I've gotten pretty stonewalled here.  If anyone knows of anywhere or anyone that would be great.  Willing to trade what I have or pay to obtain.  Thanks!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JSopko27 said:

Is anyone aware of any other message boards or websites regarding the Olympics that might have other collectors and traders of Olympic broadcasts?  Still trying to work on obtaining other recordings and, in addition to reaching out to networks and libraries, I've gotten pretty stonewalled here.  If anyone knows of anywhere or anyone that would be great.  Willing to trade what I have or pay to obtain.  Thanks!

http://www.oldtimesports.net/users/ots/index.asp

Tread carefully when you're there though, they explicitly prohibit "the selling/trading of copyright material"

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Triplecast said:

Are you looking for anything specific?  I have a number of old broadcasts.

Looking for primetime broadcasts from Lillehammer and Sydney if you have them.  You can email me at Icedog2735@gmail.com if you would like.  Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...