IOC President Bach Says Australia’s 2032 Olympic Bid Could Be Elected Early

GBModerator

International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach warmly welcomed delegates representing Queensland, Australia’s 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games bid Tuesday as the yet-confirmed bid was soft-launched among top officials. Leaders presented what they claim to be efficient plans that would leverage 85 percent existing facilities across South East Queensland to stage the events.  By investing […]

The post IOC President Bach Says Australia’s 2032 Olympic Bid Could Be Elected Early appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

On 9/16/2019 at 3:25 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

Where are the NO BRISBANE OLYMPICS'ers??   Time to come out now!!   

And this would all but kill a Jakarta-Shanghai-Korea bid for the same year, and a Durban bid for at least until 2040.  

I think Jakarta Indonesia bid and Shanghai China bid can still beat the Brisbane bid if the IOC wants to go to a new place for the 2032 Summer Games Jakarta Indonesia is the top pick for the IOC, They hosted a brilliant Asian Games in 2018 Indonesia is the largest Islamic country in the world and by going to Indonesia they could put a stop to Doha or Dubai from hosting the games if they award the games in 2021 Indonesia will have 11 years to get ready for the games so working on transport projects and other stuff.   

4 hours ago, Olympianfan said:

I think Jakarta Indonesia bid and Shanghai China bid can still beat the Brisbane bid if the IOC wants to go to a new place for the 2032 Summer Games Jakarta Indonesia is the top pick for the IOC, They hosted a brilliant Asian Games in 2018 Indonesia is the largest Islamic country in the world and by going to Indonesia they could put a stop to Doha or Dubai from hosting the games if they award the games in 2021 Indonesia will have 11 years to get ready for the games so working on transport projects and other stuff.   

You can't be serious or you are completely delusional... Jakarta? You mean, one of the most polluted cities around the world, with a huge issue of environemental crisis around being sinked to the ocean. And that's not counting the severe lack of infrastructure in public transport and security (Worse now with the recent political inestability). Rio de Janeiro would be a field day on the country comparing Jakarta. And of top of that, the weather during the summer. I don't know if you've been there (I did), cause you need to verify yourself to drop that pipe dream. Imagine the own Indonesian government had approved the first steps to change the capital to Borneo.

And finally, you forgot the 2018 Asian Games were actually split between Jakarta and Palembang (That last city had the Sport complex)

17 hours ago, Sir Rols said:

The entire Olympic Village would end up in a Jakarta jail by the end of the games if this went ahead:

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/anger-as-indonesia-moves-to-criminalise-sex-outside-marriage

Ok looks like Jakarta is out of question now so Shanghai China looks to be the greatest threats to the Brisbane Bid.

China is another cash cow for the IOC now with the USA hosting 2028 having the two Superpowers of the world hosting the games back to back so it could be a repeat of the 1980s with the Soviet Union and USA the two Superpowers of the world back then hosting back to back Moscow 1980 - LA 1984, LA 2028 - Shanghai 2032.

It would be ironic if the Shanghai Bid won by 2 votes against the Brisbane bid the other way around from the 2000 bidding race.

I would laugh til the cows come home if Australia beat out a China bid for the second time..... with freaking BRISBANE of all cities :rolleyes:

But I'm guessing the IOC are about to dig in deep with their new 'regional bids' policy for 2032, which is one of the only reasons I can imagine they'd put so much stock in Queensland. I'd keep my eyes out for some Rhine-Rhur favoritism too if that bid can garner more traction. I would shine a light on United Korea Seoul-Pyongyang, but that bid is only real as long as SK and NK can keep their relationship toed along the DMZ. And who knows what will come of their fledgling post-Pyeongchang bond over the next decade. 

Now, checking the 2030 WOG thread I remember what I said after the double allocation of Paris-Los Angeles. Had Madrid waited for a couple of cycles, they could have win in a heartbeat the rights for this 2032 SOG. Now, reading more about Brisbane's plans, the Castilian stubbornness and CONE arrogance may cost an easier opportunity. That was on silver plate if patience was their quality. They could wait for the missing installations till the rights were given and now they would have more time to develop. 

Like Julia Roberts in "Pretty Woman": Huge Mistake, Madrid! Big! Huge!

Well, I read the new government of Madrid may consider bidding for 2032 or 2036 Games. Let's see if that happens. 

14 hours ago, Roger87 said:

I also would like to hear the German bid- The prior bids went kapputt with the referendums but having the macrorregion of Europe and one of the most developed zones per infrastructure may help. Also, having a full multicultural region remarking the new Germany can work. 

Rhein-Ruhr actually has a reputation of having rather run down infrastructure, compared to other parts of Germany except the East. Don’t hold your breath.

• 3 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 5:25 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

Where are the NO BRISBANE OLYMPICS'ers??   Time to come out now!!   

And this would all but kill a Jakarta-Shanghai-Korea bid for the same year, and a Durban bid for at least until 2040.  

Count me and most (not all) people as a NO Brisbane Olympics person. They are unwanted, unloved and unneeded here.

I know the IOC is getting panicky, but it will piss off many other cities and countries if it rushes into secret deals 12 years before the actual Games.

I think the pendulum has swung too far the other way, from a rigid, flawed system 7 years out, to the almighty rush 12 years out, long before most people would consider bidding.

Brisbane/ Gold Coast will host easily though- they had a hugely successful World Expo and 2 great Commonwealth Games already., plus all the Sydney experience to keep things on track and relatively cheap.

10 hours ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

I know the IOC is getting panicky, but it will piss off many other cities and countries if it rushes into secret deals 12 years before the actual Games.

I think the pendulum has swung too far the other way, from a rigid, flawed system 7 years out, to the almighty rush 12 years out, long before most people would consider bidding.

Brisbane/ Gold Coast will host easily though- they had a hugely successful World Expo and 2 great Commonwealth Games already., plus all the Sydney experience to keep things on track and relatively cheap.

Well, the other safe cities aren't presenting and to avoid Jakarta and Mumbai potential disasters...

7 hours ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Thats true too...the usual suspects like Baku, Dubai, Qatar, Istanbul, Shanghai etc... have been quiet. Madrid is making some noise apparently. 

It's ironic, but the 2020 Madrid bid can perfectly work in this current race. Even for certain athletic events, they can use Seville's La Cartuja (Right now a white elephant) and both cities are connected by AVE. If only they were more patient and less stubborn...

Still, there's the growing antagonism with Barcelona (Winter Olympics). And the prospects to win the 2030 FIFA World Cup (But that's just a small reference considering the value of La Liga Española and the stadiums.