Fifa World Womens Cup 2023 Aust-NZ

Great post, I agree with every word, except...

2 hours ago, yoshi said:

FIFA made the right decision for the first time in sooo long.

I can't really argue against North America getting 2026 over Morocco. I think that was the obvious choice.

Edited by Rob.

Fair point, I kinda forgot that was actually a decision they had to make. It’s a good sign though that the technical evaluations matter again & will be important in determining who wins, unlike in Bl*tt*r’s era. Hopefully those calls will be enough for the Home Nations to be convinced to go for 2030. With that, it doesn’t really matter whether we win or not, as long as it’s a fair process - if Uruguay or someone else beat us fair & square, we should definitely go for the Women’s World Cup in 2027. (Tbh, I’d probably rather England went for that anyway but as I don’t think anyone could get both, & since the men’s one will be decided first, that’s the first to try for). 

20 hours ago, Rob. said:

Lol, along with the rest of Europe I take it? Unfortunately UEFA decided to instruct its members to vote as a bloc. With UEFA saying they'll only support one European bid for 2030, stepping out of line and losing UEFA support for 2030 would end up being a much worse result for us than annoying New Zealand.

I don't know how you prevent that sort of thing going on, but bloc voting seems to be the way of things now for all confederations, and FAs seem reluctant to upset their continental apple carts as they're worried about the consequences.

I'm happy you guys won anyway! Looking forward to it. 

:D Just teasing... But really, there will be more revenue gained from TV/Online viewing now in the post Corona era. Naturally Aussies and Kiwis will fill out stadiums and probably a large horde of supporters from USA. I don't think a lot of Europeans would want to risk a flight to the other side of the world. We've only got three years to prepare. 

Australia will no doubt be playing the opening game but I can only imagine New Zealand will be playing their home game simultaneously on the same matchday. But what I am more interested in is the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup Group Draw and seeing who ends up in Australia's group but also who ends up in New Zealand's group.

They still haven't told us the allocation for spots 

I mean since there will be 32 teams for 2023, it only makes sense that they use the same allocation for the Men back when the Men's World Cup had 32 teams

FIFA World Cup allocation when it was 32 teams for the men it worked out like this:

UEFA- (13 teams)

CONCACAF (3 teams)

CONMEBOL (5 teams)

CAF (5 teams) 

AFC (5 teams)

OFC (0.5)

But with the women how I would do it

UEFA (13 teams)

AFC (4 teams + host Australia which makes 5)

OFC (New Zealand as host) (1 team)

CAF (5 teams)

CONCACAF (4 teams)

CONMEBOL (4 teams)

Which makes up your 32 teams for Australia/New Zealand 2023

Just how I would do it if I am FIFA for the Women's game

• With allocation of spots, Asia has a much stronger womens game than mens- so I would expect Asia to snag a few more spots.
  • The opening ceremony is in Auckland, so a NZ match to open...not sure what day the first Australian match would be- maybe following?
  • Dont know if anyone looked at the ANZ Bid video, it was pretty cheap and terrible. But with all the opposition dropping out it didnt really matter!
  • The Head of England's FA is Prince William-the future King of Australia and NZ. So our future king's organisation voted against ANZ! I could understand if ANZ was a poor bid with a low technical ranking, but it won that as well! I hate the monarchy for many reasons...

"ANZ Stadium is the proposed venue for the final while Eden Park in Auckland will likely host the opening ceremony and opening match....This is from the SMH..https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/when-is-the-women-s-world-cup-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-tournament-20200626-p556ed.html

ANZ (Olympic) Stadium in Sydney is hosting the final and also the closing as well (I presume)

On 6/27/2020 at 6:56 AM, Rob. said:

Great post, I agree with every word, except...

I can't really argue against North America getting 2026 over Morocco. I think that was the obvious choice.

I think it will honestly be pretty horrendous for players and fans. The USSF only cares about stuffing it pockets with cash, so you can expect them to pick hosts by how much money they can make rather than making travel easy for the national teams and fans following their teams. 

On the flip side I can't wait to hear their explanation for how it is actually environmentally friendly to route a team 10,000 km  in the group stage from Montreal to Los Angeles to New York to Houston.

9 minutes ago, Nacre said:

I think it will honestly be pretty horrendous for players and fans. The USSF only cares about stuffing it pockets with cash, so you can expect them to pick hosts by how much money they can make rather than making travel easy for the national teams and fans following their teams. 

On the flip side I can't wait to hear their explanation for how it is actually environmentally friendly to route a team 10,000 km  in the group stage from Montreal to Los Angeles to New York to Houston.

The 1994 World Cup still holds the record for highest attendance, and that was with only 24 teams before they expanded.  So clearly it wasn't that horrendous.  Yes, I know the stories about European fans used to travelling by train who found it a little tougher to get around.  Did Brazil not have to deal with that?  Russia?  And I'm pretty sure fans will welcome the North American experience with open arms after dealing with a World Cup held in Qatar.

So save the sanctimonious nonsense as if the US-Canada-Mexico bid wasn't an obvious choice for 2026 over Morocco.  It'll be an outstanding World Cup.  And remember with expansion comes the new group stage format.  1/3 of all the teams will only play 2 games, so travel is not likely to be a major concern.

• Thanks 1

On 7/2/2020 at 10:13 PM, Quaker2001 said:

The 1994 World Cup still holds the record for highest attendance, and that was with only 24 teams before they expanded.  So clearly it wasn't that horrendous.  Yes, I know the stories about European fans used to travelling by train who found it a little tougher to get around.  Did Brazil not have to deal with that?  Russia?  

Actually Russia is a good example, as the fans DID NOT have to be routed all over the country. Russia only picked host cities in the European part of Russia. There were no games in Krasnoyarsk, Yakutsk, Vladivostok and so on. So the distance was about the same as using only the cities on the east coast of the USA + Canada. If they only used New York, Boston, Toronto, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, New Orleans et al then it would in fact be a lot easier for the national teams and fans.

Similarly I hope the ANZAC world cup will group teams so they do not have to fly between Australia and New Zealand during the group stages.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Tonight at 5:23 PM Australian time and 8:23 New Zealand time the emblem, slogan and brand identity for the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup Australian/New Zealand. The opening match will be played in Auckland at Eden Park and the final will take place at the Stadium Australia in Sydney.

1 hour ago, SportLightning said:

Tonight at 5:23 PM Australian time and 8:23 New Zealand time the emblem, slogan and brand identity for the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup Australian/New Zealand. The opening match will be played in Auckland at Eden Park and the final will take place at the Stadium Australia in Sydney.

where is it broadcasted in Australia?

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

where is it broadcasted in Australia?

I will be broadcasted on Optus Sport in Australia and Sky Sports in New Zealand. I heard news on that This will mark a big milestone for Australia/New Zealand 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup. The final draw location is currently not known yet, but i expect Sydney as the venue for the draw.

And here it is the official emblem of the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup Australia/New Zealand along with the slogan: "Beyond Greatness".

FWWC2023-Case_study-emblem.jpg?auto=compress,format&q=60&w=1200&h=675

skysports-fifa-womens-world-cup_5562033.

banner-16.jpg

And here's the details about the emblem for the 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup Australia/New Zealand.

fwwc2023_OE_infographic_ENG.jpg

This will be an ever changing logo for this FIFA Women's World Cup in 2023. The logo is designed jointly by Canadian agency Public Adress and Los Angeles, California, USA based Works Collective (same agency who worked on the Los Angeles 2028 Olympic and Paralympic Games emblems), along with Australian Aboriginal artist Chern'ee Sutton and New Zealand Māori textile artist Fiona Collis on the cultural patterns representing the two countries. While the custom font was developed by New Zealand type designer Alistair McCready. What do you think with the emblem and slogan? I think it looks really nice with the Australian and New Zealand patterns.

17 minutes ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Urgh...that is ugly and meaningless.....looks like they tried to find the ugliest green/blue/red/pink and then put them together....

Well, they are some mixed reactions on the logo, but the slogan is a good one. This did marked a huge milestone.

The Australia/New Zealand 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup emblem didn't used the stylized trophy, they want it differently. Maybe the stylized trophy could be used again for 2027 FIFA Women's World Cup probably in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands.

2 minutes ago, SportLightning said:

The Australia/New Zealand 2023 FIFA Women's World Cup emblem didn't used the stylized trophy, they want it differently. Maybe the stylized trophy could be used again for 2027 FIFA Women's World Cup probably in Belgium, Germany and the Netherlands.

Do we know this for a fact?

I don't like the logo at all. I would've preferred too that they used an AU/NZ agency to design the logo.

• Like 1

Just now, Victorian said:

Do we know this for a fact?

I don't like the logo at all. I would've preferred too that they used an AU/NZ agency to design the logo.

They want it differently as like a game changing look. I said that to TorchbearerSydney, same thing to you they're some mixed reactions on the logo. It's designed by Public Address (Toronto, Canada) and Works Collective (Los Angeles, California, USA [Same agency who worked on Los Angeles 2028 Olympic and Paralympic emblems) along with along with Australian Aboriginal artist Chern'ee Sutton and New Zealand Māori textile artist Fiona Collis on the cultural patterns representing the two countries. While the custom font was developed by New Zealand type designer Alistair McCready. What do you think with the emblem and slogan? Victorian what do you think about the slogan: "Beyond Greatness"?

1 hour ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

Q: e emblem and visual looks is different from the other emblems

Different, but not better......it is a generic meaningless mess.....

We'll they want the emblem as like a game changer for the emblem for this FIFA Women's World Cup in 2023 that represents the two countries' cultures with the patterns in the light blue box with the mountains represents New Zealand created by Fiona Collis and the Aboriginal patterns in the green box represents Australia created by Chern'ee Sutton. The top parts with the 32 colorful squares represents the 32 participating teams which includes Australia and New Zealand the co-hosts. The football is the center part of the emblem symbolizes which brings the world together, the shaded colors symbolizes the landscaping in Australia and New Zealand, The circular motif represents the indigenous cultures of Australia and New Zealand, the typeface is bold, modern and dynamic formed by the radial motif and finally the FIFA Women's World Cup Trophy is on the right next to the name and is in a simplified version different from the stylized trophies from the past FIFA World Cups reminder of the ultimate prize. That's the meaning of the emblem, and the slogan meaning is to aim, unite and inspire globally through the Women's World Cup, which will next be joint-hosted by Australia and New Zealand in 2023. That's what the meaning of the emblem and slogan for the FIFA Women's World Cup Australia/New Zealand 2023.