Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

IOC President Bach Blames Stockholm Åre 2026 Loss On Lower Public Support

Reporting From Lausanne, Switzerland – International Olympic Committee (IOC) President Thomas Bach Monday was quick to compliment both winning and losing 2026 Olympic bids from Milan-Cortina in Italy and Stockholm-Åre in Sweden for leveraging Agenda 2020 and New Norm reforms to propose sustainable hosting concepts. “I would like to congratulate Milan Cortina for this victory,” […]

The post IOC President Bach Blames Stockholm Åre 2026 Loss On Lower Public Support appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

Stockholm should have hired Cambridge-Analytica to rig those figures!! Well, shudda-cudda.  

BTW, where's Pilian when you need her??  :wacko:

7 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

BTW, where's Pilian when you need her??  :wacko:

:lol::lol:

The statement about Stockholm having to build the speed skating facility is a bit ridiculous.

When you see a picture of the current facility in Baselga di Pine, you see easily that the Italian facility will have to be built from anew as well. Plus the risk of having a white elephant in a city of pop 5,000 is a bit higher than with an ice rink in Stockholm.

Also the Ice Hockey 1 does not exist either.

Speed skating will surely be moved to Torino in the end - they’ve done that kind of thing before. Would be a good litmus test of the IOC & their commitment to new ways. As for ice hockey 1, I would’ve thought Milan is big enough to have 2 indoor arenas & make them both work. 

1 minute ago, yoshi said:

Speed skating will surely be moved to Torino in the end - they’ve done that kind of thing before. Would be a good litmus test of the IOC & their commitment to new ways. As for ice hockey 1, I would’ve thought Milan is big enough to have 2 indoor arenas & make them both work. 

Torino can also solved this. It's only 1.50 hrs. from Milan.

22 minutes ago, yoshi said:

I do not challenge that Milano is big enough for 2 arenas (3 in fact if you count the one for figure skating), I challenge the fact that it seems to be happily forgotten in the list of new constructions on Milan side. I guess it is the usual trick of "we would have built it anyway "