Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

India Builds Strategy To Bid For 2032 Olympic Games

The Indian Olympic Association (IOA) is targeting a sharp increase in its athletes’ medal production at Tokyo 2020 and the Olympic Games beyond in order to fuel a bid to host the 2032 edition of the event. IOA president Narinder Batra said Saturday “the target [for 2020] is double-figure medals,” according to The Hindu. “Then, […]

The post India Builds Strategy To Bid For 2032 Olympic Games appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

Yep. Obviously a priority for them.

Right after finding a way to feed their billion plus impoverished citizens, fixing the epidemic of corruption and working towards basic human rights.

Maybe abolish the caste system, cut down on the raping and the female infanticide. 

Possibly halt that undeclared domestic war against religious minorities as well and build some basic national infrastructure. 

Oh I could go on but that's just off the top of my head.

• Like 1

India makes Brazil look like a good idea........but you know the Olympic types........  Theyd just as much love it.  I wont discount it because they have proven that stupid in the past.  Itll probably be one of the more favored bids sadly.  Almost as bad an idea as Qatar 2022, which I also hope they pull the plug on.  

Still think the Comm Games stench will affect any bid- they still haven't settled with all the contractors. Even Ric Birch wasn't fully paid (they said his work wasn't up to scratch).

Delhi is now the most air polluted city on Earth, and summer temps are 50 plus...

50-plus temps?! That’s very CHILLY for a Summer Olympics!! :P:D

On 6/12/2019 at 2:14 AM, thatsnotmypuppy said:

Yep. Obviously a priority for them.

Right after finding a way to feed their billion plus impoverished citizens, fixing the epidemic of corruption and working towards basic human rights.

Maybe abolish the caste system, cut down on the raping and the female infanticide. 

Possibly halt that undeclared domestic war against religious minorities as well and build some basic national infrastructure. 

Oh I could go on but that's just off the top of my head.

I would add resolve the current crisis of the heat wave, but these are rights.

Although, the bold ones, considering the current Modi's government, Hinduism nationalism is priority. 

12 hours ago, Roger87 said:

I would add resolve the current crisis of the heat wave, but these are rights.

Although, the bold ones, considering the current Modi's government, Hinduism nationalism is priority. 

Not so.  When I was there in February,  I felt no signs WHATSOEVER of, like the Sikhs being persecuted or harrassed.  Like the so-called Christian far-right inthe US, there is always a zealous, die-hard minority who will politicize their religion above everyone else's.  The more educated Hindis that I came across seemed to be prouder of the fact that they are a functioning democracy.  India certainly looks more inclusive than Turkey under Erdogen (sp?).