Which one will win and what is the vote difference?

I would like Stockholm to host in 2026. Only because Sweden hasn't hosted an Olympic event since 1956 if you count the equestrian events and they have a low budget and reasonable and positive impact on Sweden. 

I think Stockholm wins this one, and by a comfortable margin.  I’m surprised by the number of people who think Milan will win.  Sweden has never hosted the Winter Olympics, and the IOC has to know that if they reject Sweden again, it may be the last time they bid.  Plus, a successful Stockholm Games, moreso than Milan, might bring the Norways, Germanys, etc., back into the fold in the future.

I’m predicting the margin in favor of Stockholm is at least 10 votes.

1 hour ago, Barcelona_'92 said:

I think Stockholm wins this one, and by a comfortable margin.  I’m surprised by the number of people who think Milan will win.  Sweden has never hosted the Winter Olympics, and the IOC has to know that if they reject Sweden again, it may be the last time they bid.  Plus, a successful Stockholm Games, moreso than Milan, might bring the Norways, Germanys, etc., back into the fold in the future.

I’m predicting the margin in favor of Stockholm is at least 10 votes.

Stockholm's support level has been in question for a while, so that could dissuade some voters, but I'm starting to sway my own opinion towards Stockholm.  I think you may have it right on the money.

Note about Norway.. they've already expressed interest in potentially bidding for 2030.  If Stockholm wins, then that may push them off further into the future.  As opposed to a Milan win which would provide more of an impetus for a Scandinavian bid, especially if Stockholm doesn't return.

Either way, we here tend to over-think the future implications of a particular bid.  Regardless of which each city getting selected means for the future, I doubt the IOC voters will put too much weight into that.

More than anything, it’s good to simply be able to talk about this, as there is actually a choice.

What’s more, it’s a choice about which bid would be better, rather than which would be least bad. I’m no fan of the IOC & its ways, but credit where it’s due, they’ve changed the criteria & so far, it’s worked (it’s a shame it wasn’t earlier, as either of these would’ve walked 2022).

There’s still a lot to do, see Calgary for that, but the Games are certainly in a better state now than it looked 4 years ago, with only China & Kazakhstan in the race. I hope for Stockholm, I still think Milan, but at least we can have the best bid win. 

The Milan Cortina Italy 2026 bid presentation did not even do the venue plan concept nothing on that not one bit is clearly the worst and cringey bid presentation I have seen, The Stockholm Are Sweden 2026 Bid presentation was the better I think in a couple of hours time Stockholm Sweden bid will win hands down in the range of the low 60s votes for Stockholm Sweden. 

Congratulations, Milan! 

Kinda hoped Stockholm would get it but alas, the most realistic and credible bid won in the end. And this is good news for the norwegian plans for 2030. 

I am sure Italy will do a wonderful edition of the games once again. Will put all my trust in them.