thatsnotmypuppy

Tokyo Olympic Tickets thread

So Tokyo tickets go on sale today via CoSport (I assume ATR and the rest are doing the same) - what are you all buying?

I'll check out what is on offer and see what hideous mark up they have.

• Like 1

At this stage i haven't even found what the costs are in JPY normally there is a pdf with all session cost and ticket categories.

Im amusing they will do the usual JPY to USD at an inflated rate then USD to AUD at another inflated rate plus the $50 delivery fee.

Japaneses ticket site goes live in about 30 min so hopefully i will be able to see the JPY cost per session.

Cosport is now live and lets you request tickets for all session and categories but no prices. How can you plan a budget for tickets without prices.

I've just chosen the tickets I want based on the Japanese prices and added 50% to conservatively get what I think the prices will be.

https://tokyo2020.org/en/news/notice/20180720-03.html

Interestingly they do not ask for a VISA card straight away as the Japanese consumer law means you get a choice on what you buy - so come June you will be able to see what you got and just buy what you want - not everything.  This means a lot of people will select hundreds of tickets but only intend to buy a few.

My early picks are - 

•    TOOOC01 Opening Ceremony
•    Jul 24, 2020
•    TOHBL01 Handball
•    Jul 25, 2020
•    TOSWM01 Swimming
•    Jul 25, 2020
•    TOCSL01 Canoe Slalom
•    Jul 26, 2020 
•    TORUG01 Rugby
•    Jul 27, 2020
•    TOFBL19 Football
•    Jul 29, 2020 
•    TOWPO23 Water Polo 
•    Aug 03, 2020
•    TOCTR01 Cycling Track
•    Aug03, 2020 
•    TOCLB01 Sports Climbing
•    Aug 04, 2020

Edited by thatsnotmypuppy

Sadly without a VPN I'll have to wait for Cosport to eventually update with prices.

I've asked for C and below reserve either way as the majority of the venues will be compact.

can i attach a pdf on here or is that just for premium? message me your email and i can send you a copy.

I just completed application process to buy tickets via official site. Spent almost half a day.^_^

Just called Cosport Australia and spoke to a lovely lady who was very helpful (unusual for Cosports) they are till waiting for pricing approval.

Cosport set prices/fees then AOC have to approve and then Tokyo 2020 have to approve, its awaiting Tokyo's approval. She was sure it would be approved before the 31 May cut off date. If for some reason the prices were not approved before 31 May she said submit your request and any tickets you got that were over your budget they would let you cancel just the tickets that were to expensive. 

The exchange rate and fees are capped and can not exceed 20% of the face value of the ticket. Higher priced tickets also have a cap on the fee so a AU$2000 wouldn't have a AU$400 fee it would be a lower fee.

Deliver fee will again be AU$47 or 48 and you will only be charged one fee even if you have multiple order. 

We also had a quick chat about Rio and will call windows and she said Tokyo was much better organised and ticket collection will be much simpler and faster.

Hi, I am new here.

I was wondering if we could create multiple accounts under the same name to increase our changes? Since there's no limit to the number of events people can request tickets for, I fear that even the less popular sports will be difficult to get tickets to.

3 hours ago, Katamari said:

Hi, I am new here.

I was wondering if we could create multiple accounts under the same name to increase our changes? Since there's no limit to the number of events people can request tickets for, I fear that even the less popular sports will be difficult to get tickets to.

I doubt that would be allowed - you could try but there were cases in the London/Vancouver sales where people who were found to have multiple accounts had their entire order cancelled.  The ticket selers have been at this for decades so they know the tricks.  If you have multiple VISA cards and multiple postal addresses then give it a go. I think for the lesser known sports the general on-sale after the initial allocation will be flooded with tickets as all those people who ordered tons of tickets won't actually buy them all.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:48 AM, Hobart said:

Just called Cosport Australia and spoke to a lovely lady who was very helpful (unusual for Cosports) they are till waiting for pricing approval.

Cosport set prices/fees then AOC have to approve and then Tokyo 2020 have to approve, its awaiting Tokyo's approval. She was sure it would be approved before the 31 May cut off date. If for some reason the prices were not approved before 31 May she said submit your request and any tickets you got that were over your budget they would let you cancel just the tickets that were to expensive. 

The exchange rate and fees are capped and can not exceed 20% of the face value of the ticket. Higher priced tickets also have a cap on the fee so a AU$2000 wouldn't have a AU$400 fee it would be a lower fee.

Deliver fee will again be AU$47 or 48 and you will only be charged one fee even if you have multiple order. 

We also had a quick chat about Rio and will call windows and she said Tokyo was much better organised and ticket collection will be much simpler and faster.

That is incredible - I am baffled that the Tokyo organisers are the hold up? Unlikely.

I honestly think we will get dicked royally with the prices.  CoSport knows there is a huge amount of interest and ample travel options between Australia and Japan.  This is going to really hurt the wallet.

On 5/12/2019 at 3:16 AM, Katamari said:

Hi, I am new here.

I have a few accounts but in different Names address and credit cards and have done this for the last 3 games. you just might find you end up with extra tickets that you have to try and get ride of but that generally not to hard. 

I am not trying to amass a lot of tickets. I just don't want to have an account that got nothing. So I am thinking of having a few accounts, and just ordering from the account that actually wins tickets or wins the best tickets. I am hoping that doesn't warrant a cancellation of purchase.

for Rio i had 2 account and submitted the same requests on both accounts. Requested 13 sessions on each account and got 0/13 and 3/13 all at lower ticket category.

Also found this in the ticket request conformation 

You will be able to accept or reject confirmed tickets on a per session basis. No other modification to your confirmation will be accepted.

Something Cosport have never done before so this might suggest that price conformation will not be completed before the 31 May cut of date.

They have to do this because of the Japanese consumer laws.  They had to do the same thing for the Nagano Olympics.

I am probably not going to get anything. I figured the live sales will be enough to grab the easier tickets:

Opening Ceremony TOOOC01
Gymnastics Individual Finals TOGAR10
Gymnastics Team Finals TOGAR08
Swimming Finals TOSWM02
Swimming Finals TOSWM04
Swimming Finals TOSWM15
Football Prelim TOFBL30
Table Tennis Prelim TOTTE01
Athletics Finals TOATH16
Athletics Finals TOATH15
Athletics Finals TOATH06

Note to any newbiews... there are many rounds of tickets and opportunities between official rounds. By far the hardest round is the first. Don't be discouraged or take it as an omen if you are shut out initially. 

Every games I say I’m only going to get a few tickets. And every games I fail. This time for sure!

A buddy of mine is coming with his family. I’m tacked onto his order for some athletics and a sport climbing ticket. I won’t be filling an initial request myself  

When I start seriously looking, karate will be at the top of my list. Maybe golf, maybe modern pentathlon. I have narrowed things down a bit by committing to the second week and ruling out any event in the Tokyo Bay Zone (other than that sport climbing ticket with my buddy) 

Good luck everyone!

On 5/9/2019 at 12:15 AM, thatsnotmypuppy said:

Sadly without a VPN I'll have to wait for Cosport to eventually update with prices.

I've asked for C and below reserve either way as the majority of the venues will be compact.

Try this link: https://ticket.tokyo2020.org/File/ToKyo2020/Olympic/Production/GP/GPNotice/20190508/Competition Schedule and Price List(9th May 2019).pdf

Also try this link, which shows the ticket prices as well as the venue maps showing where the different categories (A/B/C) are located. 

Of course, Cosport didn't get their ticket prices approved in time. Can't say which I hate more - Cosport, or the USOC for taking their bribes and making us use them. 

• Like 1

Good news is they are non binding so in the last few days i set my friends up with accounts and requested more tickets. Its like getting free lottery tickets.