London 2036

stryker

34 minutes ago, Quaker2001 said:

Nowadays, the IOC is going to be more discerning with the cities they deal with

That's why even though I didn't care for the 2012 games, my feeling is since the crucial parts are already in place in London, that city versus some newbie/novice should play host again. But I feel just the opposite way about the 2016 games, and, for largely other reasons, the 2008 summer and 2022 winter games too.

9 minutes ago, Olympics2028 said:

That's why even though I didn't care for the 2012 games, my feeling is since the crucial parts are already in place in London, that city versus some newbie/novice should play host again. But I feel just the opposite way about the 2016 games, and, for largely other reasons, the 2008 summer and 2022 winter games too.

So in other words, it's more about specific cities that should be hosting and not necessarily past hosts that the IOC should be looking for.  Paris hasn't hosted the Olympics in a century, yet they have a lot of crucial parts in place.  So does Brisbane on the basis of having held the Commonwealth games.  Having infrastructure in place is very important to the IOC.  Being a past Olympic host is not.  And those 2 those aren't always going to be aligned with each other