Tour de France start 2021 in Denmark!

Im very very proud and surprised that it has succeded to win that Tour de France in 2021 will start in Copenhagen Denmark and continue 2 more days in Denmark before travelling to France. I know it is not much about the Olympics but it is yet another big thumps up for Denmark in organisation for big sports events, since this is succeded. Im looking very very much forward to 2. 3. and 4. of july 2021!

I love the Grand Tours with how they start anywhere :lol: Good on Denmark though, it did a huge amount for Yorkshire in 2014 - hopefully with Euro 2020 & this there’ll be more bids for events there. Copenhagen would probably be a perfect host for the European Games, although as a democracy, the EOC would probably rule you out :(

1 hour ago, yoshi said:

Wrong emoji there - that’s entirely an indictment of the EOC. I mean Baku & Minsk, really - with friends like those...:wacko: Who’s going for 2023’s European Games anyway, if anyone? 

Deadline to bid is the 28th of February with the winner getting picked on June 20 the only bid so far is from Poland, I hope either Athens Greece or Vienna Austria makes a bid for them games.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We don´t have or are expected to have an Athletics stadium in Copenhagen. Therefor i dont believe in a European games i Copenhagen, unfortunately. IF we should build a big athletic stadium, temporary or permanent, i think it would demand to be for an Olympic games, and it doesn´t seem to be anyone else but me who believe that could work out.