Summer 2032 Round 5 Vote - GamesBids 12th Annual Olympic Logo Comp

ROUND 5 - GAMESBIDS 12TH ANNUAL OLYMPIC LOGO COMP, SUMMER 2032  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Which logo should win the GamesBids 12th Annual Logo Comp - Summer 2032?

We couldn't not have AR Rahman now, could we?

WELCOME/स्वागत आहे! :) 

His song for the 2010 Commonwealth Games welcomes us to Delhi, New Delhi, & the world-famous Lotus Temple!

LotusDelhi.jpg

So world-famous I always thought it was in Mumbai...anyway, we're here for the next round, but not before we investigate the results of Round 4:

A: 3 B: 1 C: 4 D:2.

Closer than a confidence vote, so quite clearly no logo has the required majority. Nonetheless, there is a clear loser of this round, & sadly we must say goodbye to @Scotguy's only logo, for Mumbai. Hopefully you'll have another try next time.

Just 3 logos left then, & as always, it's your decision who stays & who goes. Rules:

• This voting round will be open for (approximately) 48 hours - it will close at 9pm UK time, Friday January 18.
  • Voting will now be conducted in rounds until one entry has an absolute majority and is declared the winner.
  • In this and following rounds, the logo with the lowest number of votes will be eliminated at the close of the poll.
  • Vote in the poll for your favourite logo. You have ONE vote, so make it count.
  • Your vote is public and can be seen by all.
  • Entrants MAY vote for their own logo if they wish. For transparency, I will not vote unless required to break a tie.
  • Votes are valid if cast by members of GamesBids as of January 1 2019 with a bona fide posting record.
  • I will rule on the validity of any suspicious or disputed votes, or who constitutes a bona fide voting member. 
  • I will not vote in this, or any subsequent rounds. However, if a tie-breaker vote is needed, I will reserve my right to vote in order to break it. 
  • Be fair and sportsmanlike, this is meant to be fun and the entrants all deserve RESPECT

Time to make that decision in this penultimate round. If nothing has a majority, then in keeping with the alternation, our final will take place in Mexico, unless both finalists are for Mumbai. Wherever we go, may the best logo win!

GOOD LUCK! :) 

• Thanks 1

...here's some descriptions of my entries.

MEXICO CITY 2032 - Primarily it's just a happy welcoming sun but the logo was also inspired by the iconic history and beautiful ancient culture of Mexico City. The logo is a nod to the Aztec god Huitzilopochtli, the deity of sun, war, and the patron of the city of Tenochtitlan (now Mexico City). In this context war is seen as a reference to competition and the sun is a universal symbol of life, vibrancy, strength, and summer. In his hand Huitzilopochtli wields Xiuhcoatl the spirit of the fire deity Xiuhtecuhtli in the form of a mythological serpent...an interestingly similar image to the iconic modern day Olympic flame and torch. Xiuhcoatl the fire serpent was a fun and fitting inspiration for my banners.

- click image for full size view

aztec-sun-god.jpg           mexico-banners-and-poles-2500.jpg

MUMBAI 2032 - A peacock feather inspired the logo. The Peacock is the national bird of India and has many references throughout Indian mythology and is a symbol of beauty, bravery, power, love and benevolence. The composition also references a lotus flower and 7 chakras. Color plays an important roll in India and has deep significance, transcending purely decorative values. GREEN In Maharashtra represents life and happiness, BLUE represents bravery, determination, and the ability to deal with difficult situations…all important principles in Olympism.

click image for full size view

parvani.jpg          mumbai-banners.jpg

Edited by paul

ANNOUNCEMENT

Ladies & gentlemen, your votes have landed us in an...interesting situation. The votes at closing time are:

A: 4 B: 4 C: 4

As you can see it is a total tie in an intermediate round, something which has never occurred before, & is obviously rather hard to resolve.

As such, in the hope of resolving this awkward impasse, I, on advice from Rols (thank you) have decided to keep the voting open for an extra 24 hours.in the hope of extricating at least one logo from this lockdown. Voting will now close tomorrow at 9pm UK time.

Thank you :)