Sign in to follow this  
cfm Jeremie

Milano-Cortina 2026 - Website

Wow, closing at the Verona Arena.

Pretty sexy concept. 

21 hours ago, mattygs said:

Wow, closing at the Verona Arena.

Pretty sexy concept. 

Yeah, sounds sexy and the Arena is a more compact one than the Colosseum in Rome; but I fear the IOC leans towards Sweden since Sweden has NOT hosted a full Olympics, much less a winter one, since 1912.  Plus, the last Scandinavian WOGs were in 1994.  

• Thanks 1

Thank you Captain Obvious for that tidbit. But that’s of course is Sweden actually wants these Winter Olympics ITFP.

• Confused 1

On 1/13/2019 at 12:12 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

Yeah, sounds sexy and the Arena is a more compact one than the Colosseum in Rome; but I fear the IOC leans towards Sweden since Sweden has NOT hosted a full Olympics, much less a winter one, since 1912.  Plus, the last Scandinavian WOGs were in 1994.  

I wish the IOC good luck forcing a city (and a country) which has repeatedly made clear they don't want the games to host them, then.

I've grown to like the Italian bid a bit more, if they can manage to pull it off.  Sweden would be the favorite only if they can pull off a miracle on top of a home on top of a prayer.  We gotta root for Italy to succeed as the fall back, and even then hope that they can be the fall back.

17 hours ago, Ikarus360 said:

I wish the IOC good luck forcing a city (and a country) which has repeatedly made clear they don't want the games to host them, then.

...that's exactly what I keep thinking.