12th Annual GamesBids Olympic Logo Design Competition

Start of holiday vacation to resumption of my making all of the four (4) entries...

In the name of pixels (modern technology), and Technotitlan and Aztec art (squared step-like figures), I give you MEXICO CITY 2032!

8UBgeU7.png

I must know how Tatil Design felt when they struggled finding how they see the logo design fit while using, instead of "Rio de Janeiro", the shorthand form "Rio". (Look at 2:57 - 3:05 in the video embedded below.) Good thing I didn't have to do similarly for "Mexico City"...

Alright, finally!

With the gold curved figure inspired by the map of India's most populous city, here's MUMBAI 2032, flashing its splendor with a heart (literally)!

hmi5H3E.png

I have submitted my OFFICIAL entries for all four cities. But, in case I need to replace any of them with new entries on or before the deadline, I would let you guys know!

Thank you and happy holidays!

Thank you - everyone, this is to say (now I’ve finally got time) that there’s less than a week to go to submit entries. The deadline is at midnight Sydney/1pm London time on Monday, New Year’s Eve. Details re: voting will be revealed after we have a final total number of entries. 

As 2019 nears, this is the final call for entries. Deadline Monday 1pm GMT, anyone who has made a logo for only one, or two/three cities is free to make logos for the other/s, & anyone who has submitted is free to amend until then. Voting details will be released on Monday afternoon, with a view to starting the vote on Tuesday 1 January. Thank you :)

And one final reminder to some of these old regulars that the comp is almost closed - if I get replies, or expressions of interest to this from some of these, I may well be open to extending submission a little to include January 1, as that’s a public holiday pretty much everywhere.  @daveypodmore @paul @woohooitsme83 @JO2024 @mr.bernham @Rob. @Lord David  @thatsnotmypuppy @VIK @JMarkSnow2012 @baron-pierreIV

Remaining eligible cities for entrants with less than four logos:

@Sir Rols Almaty & Zurich 

@Scotguy Almaty, Zurich & Mexico  City 

@Utkarsh Verma Almaty, Zurich & Mexico City 

.....I'm trying to come up with something fast.....I don't know much about the cities but I started researching. The more I read it seems like Almaty probably should be hosting 2022....I mean it's the perfect compact games with little to build......but OH NO the IOC decided to have China build everything from scratch.....which will be fun to watch but talk about hypocrisy!

4 hours ago, paul said:

[...] seems like Almaty probably should be hosting 2022....I mean it's the perfect compact games with little to build......but OH NO the IOC decided to have China build everything from scratch.....which will be fun to watch but talk about hypocrisy!

Yup, and the panel had to encourage this hypocrisy with such a costly Games to be in the books... But, how else do I know? I haven't read the bid books intensively.

12 hours ago, paul said:

.....I'm trying to come up with something fast.....I don't know much about the cities but I started researching. The more I read it seems like Almaty probably should be hosting 2022....I mean it's the perfect compact games with little to build......but OH NO the IOC decided to have China build everything from scratch.....which will be fun to watch but talk about hypocrisy!

Um you may want to check their bid books as they were planning on building an entire Olympic park as well as spend billions on upgrades to the existing infrastructure.

Yes - Beijing is building up the skiing area, however they only needed to build an ice skating oval as far as indoor venues go.  While the Chinese are spending big again arguably they will get more use from their snow venues as their athletes programs ramp up to dominate the Winter Games.

Edited by thatsnotmypuppy

1 hour ago, thatsnotmypuppy said:

Um you may want to check their bid books as they were planning on building an entire Olympic park as well as spend billions on upgrades to the existing infrastructure.

Yes - Beijing is building up the skiing area, however they only needed to build an ice skating oval as far as indoor venues go.  While the Chinese are spending big again arguably they will get more use from their snow venues as their athletes programs ramp up to dominate the Winter Games.

Noted! *thumbs up, cause there's no thumbs up sign to insert here* Just saying that I'll do the reading when it's 2019 already...

Ladies and gentlemen, as Sydney enters 2019, & Big Ben doesn’t strike 1, I can now declare the submission period technically closed...

...however, as I have no intention of starting the voting today, & as voting will run evening-to-evening (my time), I am anticipating hopefully starting the voting tomorrow evening around 10-11pm GMT...

... then as long as you don’t leave it really really tight, if you want to sneak an entry/entries in sometime in the next 30ish hours, let’s just say I won’t be too dogmatic in imposing the original deadline ;) Happy New Year to all!

Welcome 2019, & a Happy New Year to everyone :) Well, we're all back to reality, & I can now declare our submission period CLOSED formally. We have our contenders, so it's time to decide our winner - the voting will begin later tonight & I will see you in Lausanne then. In the meantime, thank you to all participants :)