IOC Could Extend Guarantee Deadline For Stockholm 2026 Olympic Bid: Spokesperson

GBModerator

A spokesperson for the International Olympic Committee (IOC) Thursday told reporters in Sweden that Stockholm’s 2026 Olympic and Paralympic Games bid could be given extra time to secure required government guarantees. IOC Executive Director Christophe Dubi told local media “In exceptional situations we can be exceptionally flexible, there is no reason to stop this entire […]

The post IOC Could Extend Guarantee Deadline For Stockholm 2026 Olympic Bid: Spokesperson appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

Anyway, if the Swedish government just doesn’t want it, there’s nothing the IOC can do, no matter the “verbiage” they’re using about them. Just ask Calgary 2026 that. Milan is their best bet ATM, especially now that the Italian Government just came out & committed themselves to the bid on a ‘just in case’ basis.

As for SLC, I actually would like to see the whole process fall apart just so the IOC has no other choice but to give 2026 to them, & then watch you, your emmy fool & dumb offspring, dart boy, all explode from the shock! :lol::P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RuFF said:

Some supporting actress drama there. When are you going to stop being so basic? You keep pecking at crumbs but need to step up and out of Quakes shadow. :ph34r:

So says the ‘basic’, dizzy valley girl who lives in the ‘shadow’ of a certain bitter L.A. columnist. :rolleyes:

...the LA logo looks like sisters to the emmy. I never won an emmy but i stole one once....i was directing a large project in LA and we did a partnership with those "emmy" people (TV riff-raff). Some statues were sent over to my office for some reason.......to be used in promotional something or other.......(can't even remember).......anyway, my sister was visiting and I sent one home with her to use as a doorstop.

11 hours ago, RuFF said:

Alan Abramanson calles it first. Stockholm 2026. The verbiage coming from the IOC in reference to stockholm speaks for itself. 

WRONG.  The only reasons the IOC "extends the deadline" are so that it will have at least TWO bids for the Session in June.  If Stockholm drops out now, then, OBVIOUSLY, it's Milan-Cortina's to gloat over.  Then: (1) what's the point of spending for the Session in June?  and

(2) Milan-Cortina will be able to EXTRACT as much as it can from the IOC being the last one left standing, yet can SCUPPER the whole show for 2026 if they don't get what they want.  Those are the ONLY reasons the IOC wants to keep BOTH bids alive, at least until June.  

It looks like Italy's played this well.  That's what happens when u have 3 IOC members plus 4 or 5 heads of the IFs.  

Edited by baron-pierreIV
  • Like 1

I think I get it now.  RuFF knows he can't form an original opinion about the Olympics other than to recap what's coming from his hero, so he's trying to distract us by reminding everyone what a homophobic asshole he is!  It all makes sense!

A few things to note here.. THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF THE 36TH ANNUAL SPORTS EMMY® AWARDS

Your boy didn't win that Emmy on his own.  He's one of dozens of people that won one for being a part of NBC's coverage.  So it's not like he made some major personal contribution on his own to get that one.

As for Stockholm.. yea, really going out a limb to say that's what the IOC wants.  Only someone as brilliant as Alan Abrahamson could have possibly come up with that, especially with only 3 candidates in the running and the other 2 both in countries that have hosted a Winter Olympics in the past 12 years.  Don't think he deserves credit for being the first to call it for Stockholm (and how about we wait to see if they actually win first since a lot has to happen in order for that to actually come true).  If he still wants to take credit for being the first to propose the 2024/28 double - even though he continues to be butthurt that they didn't do it in the order he suggested - that's great.  There's nothing to take credit for here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

I think I get it now.  RuFF knows he can't form an original opinion about the Olympics other than to recap what's coming from his hero, so he's trying to distract us by reminding everyone what a homophobic asshole he is!  It all makes sense!

You know what they say about all those homophobic characters! S/he must have secret rendezvous with her “hero”. :lol:

3 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

A few things to note here.. THE NATIONAL ACADEMY OF TELEVISION ARTS & SCIENCES ANNOUNCES WINNERS OF THE 36TH ANNUAL SPORTS EMMY® AWARDS

Your boy didn't win that Emmy on his own.  He's one of dozens of people that won one for being a part of NBC's coverage.  So it's not like he made some major personal contribution on his own to get that one.

tenor.gif?itemid=9747881

4 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

As for Stockholm.. yea, really going out a limb to say that's what the IOC wants.  Only someone as brilliant as Alan Abrahamson could have possibly come up with that, especially with only 3 candidates in the running and the other 2 both in countries that have hosted a Winter Olympics in the past 12 years. Don’t think he deserves credit for being the first to call it for Stockholm (and how about we wait to see if they actually win first since a lot has to happen in order for that to actually come true).

Exactly - doesn’t take a genius to figure that one out. Especially now that Calgary is gone. And again, in the end though, if the Swedes just don’t want any part of it, don’t matter how much spin or ‘verbiage’ the IOC does or doesn’t do, that will change their stance.

4 hours ago, Quaker2001 said:

If he still wants to take credit for being the first to propose the 2024/28 double - even though he continues to be butthurt that they didn't do it in the order he suggested - that's great.  There's nothing to take credit for here.

Pfft - yeah, I still don’t buy that one, but whatever floats his boat. But certainly is very butthurt & bitter that it wasn’t “in the order” that he preferred.