Dear Calgary: There Is No Wrong Choice, As Long As Its Yours; How To Navigate Your 2026 Olympic Bid Plebiscite

Following is the fifth in a series of open letters to residents of Calgary, and those citizens in other cities who are contemplating Olympic bids. Dear Calgary: I feel like this could be our last correspondence. On Tuesday you’ll finally make up your mind.  Whether you’ll dare to chase your dream to host a second […]

The post Dear Calgary: There Is No Wrong Choice, As Long As Its Yours; How To Navigate Your 2026 Olympic Bid Plebiscite appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

“I believe Calgary can host the cleanest, most cost-effective Games in history. If that’s not what they want, we’ll say, ‘Thank you.’”

Ohh, Calgary better watch out! Cuz that line is “exclusive” to L.A., just like “the sun” bullsh!t! :lol:

i dont know how to take it, but some canadian outlets say the vote early on is pretty close.  wouldnt that be something if at the end of the vote all these nasty comments by the NO voters turned out to be nothing more than a very vocal minority.  We will find out tomorrow i guess Im anxious.  I hope Calgary gets this 51-49 somehow.

What ‘nasty comments’ by the no-side are you specifically referring to? And usually in these things, it’s the more vocal naysayers that usually are the loudest & the ones that turn out the most to vote in the ballots.

Again though, any specific ‘toxic comments’? I’ve read some of those Twitter comments, & apart from some of the very few positives ones, most have been negative. But IDK that I’d call them toxic. Just concerned citizens about where their tax dollars are going in a time of austerity. And that specifically, if there’s any indication of where this is going, then I’d say it’s going to be more of a ‘no’ tomorrow night.

I voted last week already. I voted yes. Results should be revealed at around 10pm (MST) tonight. I just wonder how many people are gonna screw-up the ballots though. This is the first time they are using electronic tabulating machines, so instead of just Xing your choice like on old ballots, you have to completely fill in the bubble so the machine reads it - like bubble sheets for university exams. People around here are dumb enough to screw it up.