Sign in to follow this  
baron-pierreIV

2020 US Convention sites

Now that the dust of Election 2018 has settled, I predict that Milwaukee will host the 2020 Democratic National Convention @ the BMO Harris Bradley Center (Arena).   The Reps, over a month ago, had announced they were convening in Charlotte, NC (the 2012 host site of the Democrats).  

Miami Beach and Houston were the Dems' other possibilities; but since Florida and Texas did NOT forsake their Rep Senate-Governor red stripes last night, that makes Wisconsin the remaining blue-friendly finalist.  

(I think the brand-new Chase Center of San Francisco, might have to wait for 2024 to host the Democratic National Convention.)  

On 11/7/2018 at 6:44 AM, baron-pierreIV said:

Now that the dust of Election 2018 has settled, I predict that Milwaukee will host the 2020 Democratic National Convention @ the BMO Harris Bradley Center (Arena).   The Reps, over a month ago, had announced they were convening in Charlotte, NC (the 2012 host site of the Democrats).  

Miami Beach and Houston were the Dems' other possibilities; but since Florida and Texas did NOT forsake their Rep Senate-Governor red stripes last night, that makes Wisconsin the remaining blue-friendly finalist.  

(I think the brand-new Chase Center of San Francisco, might have to wait for 2024 to host the Democratic National Convention.)  

The chosen venue for Milwaukee is the brand new Fiserv Forum. By the time 2020 rolls around Harris will likely be flattened out. RNC being Charlotte was like a desperation move for them as the RNC never made it public who were bidding for their convention. There were reports Vegas were in the running but nothing official was announced.