GBModerator

Mayor Threatens To Cancel Calgary 2026 Olympic Bid By Monday If No Satisfactory Federal Deal Reached

Calgary Mayor Naheed Nenshi has demanded an immediate funding deal from the Canadian government or he says he’ll call for the cancellation of the Calgary 2026 Winter Olympics bid. The Calgary Herald reported that on Friday Nenshi wrote to Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau explaining “If we cannot come to a mutually agreeable conclusion by Monday, […]

The post Mayor Threatens To Cancel Calgary 2026 Olympic Bid By Monday If No Satisfactory Federal Deal Reached appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

PLAN B

The IOC is ringing up the President of Kazakhstan saying Almaty 2026 is heres you'res for the taking right now a nice farewell party for you for you're legacy come and take it in Switzerland in June 2019.

The IOC should open up the Winter Games to Santiago de Chile in 2030 they are very  busy right now with the 2023 Pan American and Parapan American Games but Santiago de Chile 2030 would be great for the Olympic movement. 

The IOC doesn’t panic. They enjoy being in complete denial. If Calgary drops, I totally expect Bach to come out & say - “we’re not too concerned. We still have two excellent candidates for the 2026 Winter Games” - lmfao

• Haha 2

What miss Rachel doesn’t realize is that the IOC is in deep denial. I’m sure the IOC would rather be bidless before conceding to Notley’s rhetoric. Not to mention that if that happens, the IOC has the USOC & SLC on their speed-dial to save 2026 from being hostless.

^^Lmfao :lol: YOU’RE confusing me with Quaker. He’s the one that says that all you do is throw darts at a dartboard. Which I totally “110%” agree with him! :lol::P

I can't wait to see how the IOC reacts to this. They've practically hitched and gassed up the wagons for Calgary. Now it's practically done. I'm expecting a firey tongue lashing similar to what Oslo got after they dropped out of the 2018 race, only I think this time, it could be much worse.

2 hours ago, stryker said:

I can't wait to see how the IOC reacts to this. They've practically hitched and gassed up the wagons for Calgary. Now it's practically done. I'm expecting a firey tongue lashing similar to what Oslo got after they dropped out of the 2018 race, only I think this time, it could be much worse.

Hadn't even thought about it from the IOC's standpoint, but you're right.  They'll probably have a scathing response to Calgary.  Which is going to further the ugly image the world has of their organization.  If they're smart (which clearly they are not), the response will be a simple "thanks for your interest, we're disappointed but we'll move on."  Wouldn't expect that to be the case though.