Brisbane 2032

AustralianFan

Part of the green and gold runway (as has been seen in France and Japan hosting world cups leading into the Olympics) will be the Rugby World Cup in 2017. There is a chance we could see a FIFA Men's World Cup in Australia in 2030 on the back of the hopeful success of the 2023 Women's World Cup. An Athletics World Championships will be in Australia either 2025 or 2027. Hopefully we can see a FINA Swimming World Championships too and surely we will get a Cricket and Rugby League World Cup by 2032 as well. Australia were due to host the Pan Pacific Swimming Championships in 2030 as part of the rotation but 2022 for Canada has been pushed to 2030. Maybe we will see US and Australia negotiate a swap? 2026 and 2030 Commonwealth Games are coming up for bids too. Likely we will see an Australian city at least bid for one of those editions of the games. Plenty of lead in events potentially!

Lead in major events in the final 10 years into Sydney 2000. Events in NSW

1990- Women's Hockey World Cup (Homebush Stadium)

1991- AIBA World Boxing Championships (State Sports Centre)

1991- World Modern Pentathlon Championships (Sydney)

1991- Netball World Championships (Sydney Entertainment Centre)

1992- Cricket World Cup (matches in Sydney)

1993- FIFA World Youth Championship. (matches in Sydney)

1994- Men's Hockey World Cup (Homebush Stadium)

1994- FIBA Women's Basketball World Cup (Sydney Entertainment Centre)

1998- FINA Swimming World Cup meet (Sydney International Aquatic Centre)

1998- Wheelchair Basketball World Championships (Sydney)

1998- Trampoline Gymnastics World Championships (Sydney)

1998/1999- FINA Swimming World Cup meet (Sydney International Aquatic Centre)

1999- FINA Water Polo World Cup (Sydney International Aquatic Centre)

1999- Pan Pacific Swimming Championships (Sydney International Aquatic Centre)

1999/2000- FINA Swimming World Cup meet (Sydney International Aquatic Centre)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Part of the green and gold runway (as has been seen in France and Japan hosting world cups leading into the Olympics) will be the Rugby World Cup in 2017. There is a chance we could see a FIFA Men's World Cup in Australia in 2030 on the back of the hopeful success of the 2023 Women's World Cup. An Athletics World Championships will be in Australia either 2025 or 2027. Hopefully we can see a FINA Swimming World Championships too and surely we will get a Cricket and Rugby League World Cup by 2032 as well. Australia were due to host the Pan Pacific Swimming Championships in 2030 as part of the rotation but 2022 for Canada has been pushed to 2030. Maybe we will see US and Australia negotiate a swap? 2026 and 2030 Commonwealth Games are coming up for bids too. Likely we will see an Australian city at least bid for one of those editions of the games. Plenty of lead in events potentially!

Pan Pacs has been pushed to 2026 not 2030. I don't think Australia would bid for a Comm Games two years before an Olympics.

1 hour ago, Sir Rols said:

Will NBC let us have night-time swimming finals?

It'd be pretty terrible for all the finals of Australia's most successful sport to be while most people are at work and school during a home Olympics.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ulu said:

It'd be pretty terrible for all the finals of Australia's most successful sport to be while most people are at work and school during a home Olympics.

I’m hoping the nation has an extended school holidays during the Olympics. 

8 minutes ago, ulu said:

I may suspect we’ll have to some horse trading with them. Maybe a few finals mixed between night and day, or promise them the gymnastics in our morning hours in exchange for swimming in our prime time.

My goals for the Games:

I will enter the competitions to design mascot and logo

A dream of mine would be to volunteer and also be a torch bearer hopefully 

I’d love to be in Brisbane for the LA 2028 Closing Ceremony 

I’d love to attend the Brisbane Ceremonies at the Gabba

i’ll attend both Olympics and Paralympics

• Like 2

Depending on where i am in the world, if still living in NZ I will aim to attend the games in Brisbane. I have been there before and loved it.

Hopefully depending on where 2026 comms are i would also like to attend these.

I will be 47 then.... strange to think that haha

• Like 1

Cant seem to get the logo loading as an attachment. Something I drew today! The waves reflect the water and symmetry of the Sunshine and Gold Coast. Also the major wave looks like the towers. A 3 and a 2 form together the B to represent Brisbane. Also the wings are being spread beneath the B to open up our arms to the world.

• Like 1

Someone's impatient for December :P You should submit something to the organising committee, maybe even several to see what happens - worst thing that could happen is you'd probably get some kind of acknowledgement. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, yoshi said:

Someone's impatient for December :P You should submit something to the organising committee, maybe even several to see what happens - worst thing that could happen is you'd probably get some kind of acknowledgement. 

The trouble is we don't have an organising committee at the moment!

10 hours ago, Victorian said:

I’m hoping the nation has an extended school holidays during the Olympics. 

It was stated during the Bid Process that school holidays would be changed in Qld at least to give students 3 weeks off around the games

• Like 1