Brisbane 2032

AustralianFan

8 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

For those who haven‘t seen this yet:

Absolutely disgusting behaviour that seems perfectly in the IOC in 2021.

I don't get why this was brought up? Surely this conversation could've been held behind close doors not a discussion whether they are attending and the reasons why Mr Coates wants the Premier to attend (btw I think she should attend) the Ceremony. It was a public press conference when you answer questions from the media not have a 'chat'!

3 hours ago, FYI said:

Lmfao, now who's trolling, troll.

Stuck in denial.

Can't handle criticism.

In such a pool of constant drivel & pompousness, you don't even realize it.

Of course people are gonna comment hours after an Olympic announcement. It is after all, an Olympic forum, DUH. :rolleyes:

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the Olympic kitchen. De-nial is a river in Egypt. So don't forget your paddles. :P

Yes, isn’t funny how you and your buddy both stayed away from this thread then chose the election of Brisbane 2032 to make a sudden appearance here  to spew your vile negativity around like destructive flame throwers.  

You talk about getting out of the kitchen, where have you been most of this time since this thread started in 2018 ?

Are you going to run away again for another 3 years,  dump and run ? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, FYI said:

Lmfao - which then begs the question; why couldn't there have been a *real* race for '32, if Jakarta (of all places lol) really appeared to be a 'strong candidate' & potentially a 'tough challenger' to Brisbane then. 

The answer is Change has just happened.

Yes Change.

Jakarta and all the other 2032 Bidders were assessed as not ticking all the new boxes at that moment in time.  Doesn’t mean to say that they won’t in the future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StefanMUC said:

For those who haven‘t seen this yet:

Absolutely disgusting behaviour that seems perfectly in the IOC in 2021.

Maybe quietly push Coates into a background role now Brisbane have the Games. He's done his bit, the guy's clearly got an ego the size of Uluru and attitudes that better suit the decade of Australia's first Games.

Edited by Rob.

9 minutes ago, Rob. said:

Maybe quietly push Coates to one side now Brisbane have the Games. He's done his bit, the guy's clearly got an ego the size of Uluru and attitudes that better suit the decade of Australia's first Games.

Easier said than done.

8 minutes ago, Citius Altius Fortius said:

I am very glad for Brisbane, Queensland and Australia - a good place to host for 2032, but I am not a fan of the new bid process... For me it is somehow behind closed doors - you don't get much information why Brisbane was chosen, since there is no official bid book...

Actually, there are more Reports on Brisbane under this new system and more transparent than ever there has ever been with the old single bid book under the old system.

It took me some getting used to but glad to list them here for ya :) 

12 minutes ago, Citius Altius Fortius said:

I am very glad for Brisbane, Queensland and Australia - a good place to host for 2032, but I am not a fan of the new bid process... For me it is somehow behind closed doors - you don't get much information why Brisbane was chosen, since there is no official bid book...

Just now, AustralianFan said:

Actually, there are more Reports on Brisbane under this new system and more transparent than ever there has ever been with the old single bid book under the old system.

It took me some getting used to but glad to list them here for ya :) 

I’m pleased to see that there is much more publicly available information, videos, reports, etc now than ever there was the old single bid book system:

IOC Future Host Questionnaire

IOC Feasibility Assessment - Olympic Games Brisbane 2021 - Februrary 2021

Brisbane Video - Masterplan 2032 Flythrough

Report of the Future Host Commission for the Games of the Olympiad to the IOC Executive Board - 10 June 2021 - Targeted Dialogue Brisbane 2032

21 July 2021 Welcome to Brisbane, Queensland Video

21 July 2021 - Longer Bid Presentation Video

4 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Thats not the point - its the arbitrary nature in which the IOC 'chooses' which cities it will and will not engage with. In the past there was a clear cut separation between Applicant cities and Candidate cities. Thats all gone now. Rival bids were blind sided by the sudden decision to only engage with one city --- years ahead of schedule. 

I do not believe this will help the IOC's cause. They have said there were "too many losers" under the old process - but that doesn't change the fact that there can only be one "winner" in a race that is difficult to even enter. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Rob. said:

Maybe quietly push Coates into a background role now Brisbane have the Games. He's done his bit, the guy's clearly got an ego the size of Uluru and attitudes that better suit the decade of Australia's first Games.

one of the reports on the brisbane win stated that coates will retire from the IOC next year but will be on the Brisbane organising committee

3 minutes ago, Australian Kiwi said:

Thats not the point - its the arbitrary nature in which the IOC 'chooses' which cities it will and will not engage with. In the past there was a clear cut separation between Applicant cities and Candidate cities. Thats all gone now. Rival bids were blind sided by the sudden decision to only engage with one city --- years ahead of schedule. 

I do not believe this will help the IOC's cause. They have said there were "too many losers" under the old process - but that doesn't change the fact that there can only be one "winner" in a race that is difficult to even enter. 

So that’s absolutely not true, it’s an urban myth.

Anyone can enter and is open to everyone to join the Continuous Dialogue.

And thatbthey all did: Doha, 2 x KoreasMadrid, Toronto, Jakarta, Brisbane, St Petersberg, Rhine Rhur, Shanghai. 

But you need to tick all the boxes to get to the Targeted Dialogue phase.

This can happen at any time under the new timeline.

No-one was ever blind-sided with these changes.  Sorry mate, that’s just nonsense that seems to be doing the rounds. 

When Change Happens, some will jump quickly as Brissie did, some won’t do anything and then complain later and some will stick their heads in the sand and pretend nothing happened.

The new rules and the new timeline were announced to the whole bloody world in 2019 and in great detail.

The IOC was in communicated the changes in detail to all each 2032 Bidder in 2019.

Brisbane was there with all the other other Bidders.

The new process was there for all to see.

Guess what? Brisbane was first out of the blocks and immediately pivoted it’s whole energy focus to closely examine the new rules and start ticking all the new boxes a full two years ago agter having first started their Bid in 2015.

The other Bidders I’m afraid were in some cases too little, too late and in other cases had major problems that are still holding them back.

Look, these were big changes  and the other Bidders won’t be slow next time .

The world has now seen how it now works.  

It’s more open and transparent now thsn it’s ever been.

Look at all the publicly released Brisbane Reports. 

Nothing was behind bloodclosed doors.

• Like 1

I haven't followed the 2032 process very closely, so I was surprised when I saw a notification on my phone yesterday that Brisbane had been chosen. The one immediate positive that comes to my mind is that it should at least offer up some more pleasant memories of the Gabba than what we Brits are used to.

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

And thatbthey all did: Doha, 2 x KoreasMadrid, Toronto, Jakarta, Brisbane, St Petersberg, Rhine Rhur, Shanghai. 

No-one was ever blind-sided with these changes.  Sorry mate, that’s just nonsense that seems to be doing the rounds. 

When Change Happens, some will jump quickly as Brissie did, some won’t do anything and then complain later and some will stick their heads in the sand and pretend nothing happened.

The new rules and the new timeline were announced to the whole bloody world in 2019 and in great detail.

The IOC was in communicated the changes in detail to all each 2032 Bidder in 2019.

Guess what? Brisbane was first out of the blocks and immediately pivoted it’s whole energy focus to closely examine the new rules and start ticking all the new boxes a full two years ago agter having first started their Bid in 2015.

The other Bidders I’m afraid were in some cases too little, too late and in other cases had major problems that are still holding them back.

Another thing too is if there wasn’t the joint awarding of the games in 2017, Brisbane would’ve been a major contender for 2028. This then have them extra time to focus on 2032 and get all the guarantees from levels of government.

15 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Another thing too is if there wasn’t the joint awarding of the games in 2017, Brisbane would’ve been a major contender for 2028. This then have them extra time to focus on 2032 and get all the guarantees from levels of government.

2028 was the original target when the process was underway. As a brisbaneite, I like the extra 4 years tbh. just gives a buffer and extra time is always good

• Like 2

8 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

Yes, isn’t funny how you and your buddy both stayed away from this thread then chose the election of Brisbane 2032 to make a sudden appearance here  to spew your vile negativity around like destructive flame throwers.  

Projecting much, are you? Cause that utterly describes YOU to a T! 

For starters, whoever you're referring to, they're not my "buddy". And further, as I said before, this is an *Olympic* website, so of course people are going to comment on announcement day, geez. :rolleyes: The only one spewing 'vile negativity' with a 'destructive flame thrower' around here is you. Getting all Donald Trump & childish - attacking, belittling & insulting anyone for absolutely no reason whatsoever, other than being guilty of only not agreeing with your confirmation bias & other warped reality. That's your (& his) typical MO.

8 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

You talk about getting out of the kitchen, where have you been most of this time since this thread started in 2018 ?

Are you going to run away again for another 3 years,  dump and run ? 

What on earth are you talking about? I have been on here a few times since you started this thread. But when you've used it to do nothing but spam it with tedious, long paste articles & just drown out all the other content, it really doesn't pay that much to come on here regularly anyway.

Case in point, this thread has 63 pages, & just this year alone (which is only half way through btw), over 50 pages have been posted, & mostly just by you alone. It got to the point where some here even said as much, including a couple of your own fellow townsman "buddies". 

The one that's also done their own "dump & run" around these forums is *you* again. Anytime you see the word Brisbane in any other thread anywhere, you have to chime in with all of your confirmation bias & 'vile' attitude. It's not very becoming whatsoever. 

7 hours ago, AustralianFan said:

You may find these facts interesting...

https://gamesbids.com/eng/robs-bidblog/bidweek-the-ioc-thought-they-could-steal-the-brisbane-2032-olympics-and-hoped-we-wouldnt-notice/

6 hours ago, Tejas57 said:

2028 was the original target when the process was underway. As a brisbaneite, I like the extra 4 years tbh. just gives a buffer and extra time is always good

Agreed.  The extra time will be especially useful to also hopefully put the pandemic behind us.

1 hour ago, FYI said:

Projecting much, are you? Cause that utterly describes YOU to a T! 

For starters, whoever you're referring to, they're not my "buddy". And further, as I said before, this is an *Olympic* website, so of course people are going to comment on announcement day, geez. :rolleyes: The only one spewing 'vile negativity' with a 'destructive flame thrower' around here is you. Getting all Donald Trump & childish - attacking, belittling & insulting anyone for absolutely no reason whatsoever, other than being guilty of only not agreeing with your confirmation bias & other warped reality. That's your (& his) typical MO.

What on earth are you talking about? I have been on here a few times since you started this thread. But when you've used it to do nothing but spam it with tedious, long paste articles & just drown out all the other content, it really doesn't pay that much to come on here regularly anyway.

Case in point, this thread has 63 pages, & just this year alone (which is only half way through btw), over 50 pages have been posted, & mostly just by you alone. It got to the point where some here even said as much, including a couple of your own fellow townsman "buddies". 

The one that's also done their own "dump & run" around these forums is *you* again. Anytime you see the word Brisbane in any other thread anywhere, you have to chime in with all of your confirmation bias & 'vile' attitude. It's not very becoming whatsoever. 

… and yet here you are still doing it.   

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, GBModerator said:

As you can see, they are not interested whatsoever in those facts now, nor then when you posted that on March 3rd. Instead, they called them "conspiracy theories" in the Doha digs it's heels..." thread you posted a few days later on March 6th. They're only interested in the confirmation-bias the "new norm" gives them, & go on the literal attack with anyone who dares challenge their line of denial, alternate reality thinking.