Brisbane 2032

AustralianFan

Is there any way to bring it to the attention of the people in charge at BOCOG (if it exists yet) and possibly try to make it the official logo? I don't know if it'd be possible to do that...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yoshi said:

Is there any way to bring it to the attention of the people in charge at BOCOG (if it exists yet) and possibly try to make it the official logo? I don't know if it'd be possible to do that...

Already done...

Straight to Scomo, that's the way to do it! :lol:. I wonder if there'll be a reply, do any of those three often reply to tweets? Whatever happens, it's still a great logo and the nearest thing to a real one for possibly a few years. Anyone got their predictions for 2036 so we can try it again? ;)

1 hour ago, yoshi said:

Straight to Scomo, that's the way to do it! :lol:. I wonder if there'll be a reply, do any of those three often reply to tweets? Whatever happens, it's still a great logo and the nearest thing to a real one for possibly a few years. Anyone got their predictions for 2036 so we can try it again? ;)

I honestly think Jakarta will get 2036. They appear a strong candidate and I was weary of them being a tough challenger to Brisbane.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I honestly think Jakarta will get 2036. They appear a strong candidate and I was weary of them being a tough challenger to Brisbane.

Lmfao - which then begs the question; why couldn't there have been a *real* race for '32, if Jakarta (of all places lol) really appeared to be a 'strong candidate' & potentially a 'tough challenger' to Brisbane then. 

2 minutes ago, FYI said:

Lmfao - which then begs the question; why couldn't there have been a *real* race for '32, if Jakarta (of all places lol) really appeared to be a 'strong candidate' & potentially a 'tough challenger' to Brisbane then. 

Ask the IOC members not me. Also, can we just stop all this negativity around the process! The decision has been made and that is that. Brisbane will put on a terrific games I am sure.

• Like 1

From now to 2032, Australia would’ve hosted the Women’s World Cup 2023, Rugby World Cup 2027, World Athletics Championship and the potential for other major international events in the lead in to Brisbane. Wouldn’t be surprised to see 2030 CWG in Australia either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Ask the IOC members not me. Also, can we just stop all this negativity around the process! The decision has been made and that is that. 

Hey, you're the one who brought it up, not me (nor the IOC). So excuse some for being curious about your comment then on a public forum.

And if you want to call it 'negativity' about the process, so be it. But that shouldn't stop others from inquiring further, & that's their prerogative , too. As a matter of fact, there was an interesting piece about it yesterday in the New York Times.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

Suggesting that John Coates' involvement in the bid was the only reason that Brisbane were awarded the games has no sense whatsoever.

Can you just but your saltiness behind you PLEASE! Whatever you say won't change the fact that Brisbane are hosting the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games!

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Suggesting that John Coates' involvement in the bid was the only reason that Brisbane were awarded the games has no sense whatsoever.

How so? Especially when you, yourself mentioned a bit ago, that you were 'weary' of Jakarta (lol) to be a 'tough challenger' for Brisbane. Even Duncan McKay, founder of insidethegames, another highly respected Olympic website, has suggested otherwise, it was quoted in that article. And considering that he would also be partial to the matter, I'd listen to what he would have to say than anything in this thread.

3 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Don't be so gullible, the only reason Brisbane is hosting is because of Coates meddling in the process to rig it from the beginning

5 hours ago, FYI said:

Hey, you're the one who brought it up, not me (nor the IOC). So excuse some for being curious about your comment then on a public forum.

And if you want to call it 'negativity' about the process, so be it. But that shouldn't stop others from inquiring further, & that's their prerogative , too. As a matter of fact, there was an interesting piece about it yesterday in the New York Times.

… and out of the woodwork they come… the Trolls of Gamesbids of years gone by.

Stuck in the past,

Can’t handle change,

In such a pool of destructive negativity for so long, they don’t even realise it.

Suddenly crawl out from under their rocks within hours of Brisbane winning the 2032 Olympic Games to spread their own vile negativity.

Lmfao, now who's trolling, troll.

Stuck in denial.

Can't handle criticism.

In such a pool of constant drivel & pompousness, you don't even realize it.

Of course people are gonna comment hours after an Olympic announcement. It is after all, an Olympic forum, DUH. :rolleyes:

If you can't handle the heat, get out of the Olympic kitchen. De-nial is a river in Egypt. So don't forget your paddles. :P

4 hours ago, Victorian said:

Can you just but your saltiness behind you PLEASE! Whatever you say won't change the fact that Brisbane are hosting the 2032 Olympic and Paralympic Games!

It makes perfect sense. You're kidding yourself otherwise. 

Brisbane will be an outstanding an Olympic city there is absolutely no doubt in my mind. However to deny the fact that John Coates is an A-grade bully who has orchestrated his hometown to be catapulted an Olympics to serve his own ego is not even discrete - its plainly obvious. This is more overt than JAS gilding the lily to secure Barcelona the 1992 Games. 

Like Barcelona, Brisbane will be tremendous - but imagine of this was Kazan or Doha or Guangzhou, the uproar would be huge.   

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gonzo said:

Coates has been a liability for years - but people are genuinely too scared to go up against him. I've heard stories of some encounters with him within the AOC that are aggressive and threatening. I'm glad that his interactions with the Qld Premier were on camera. He is getting absolutely ripped apart in the Australian media right now (and so he should). 

9 hours ago, GBModerator said:

Already done...

May I ask who the designer is? Can they speak to the significance of what appears to be indigenous themes? 

I think its a great logo but probably good that they are prepared to answer this if you're going to be putting it up for consideration as a logo. Tokenism is not tolerated - Australia of 2021 is not the same place as it was in 2000 (thankfully). 

43 minutes ago, Australian Kiwi said:

I'm glad that his interactions with the Qld Premier were on camera. He is getting absolutely ripped apart in the Australian media right now (and so he should). 

Coates is now claiming that Palachook wanted him to act like that allowing her to backflip on her earlier promise of not attending the OC

Both are horrible individuals, so could well be the truth