Brisbane 2032

AustralianFan

1 minute ago, ice444 said:

It needs to be upgraded - it's used across a range of sports.

Also it must be noted that major stadiums in Sydney, Perth and Adelaide have had recent major redevelopments and/or rebuilds/new stadiums so in order to compete against those cities to attract events and marquee matches, Brisbane needs a new multipurpose stadium

19 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Also it must be noted that major stadiums in Sydney, Perth and Adelaide have had recent major redevelopments and/or rebuilds/new stadiums so in order to compete against those cities to attract events and marquee matches, Brisbane needs a new multipurpose stadium

Exactly. We have almost lost the first test multiple times because of the state of the Gabba. 

it's deceptive bordering on fraudulent accounting. I can assure you the Gabba would not be getting a $1 billion upgrade (for an extra 8,000 capacity) just for the Lions/Cricket if not for the Olympics. It should be counted in the Olympic budget

12 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

it's deceptive bordering on fraudulent accounting. I can assure you the Gabba would not be getting a $1 billion upgrade (for an extra 8,000 capacity) just for the Lions/Cricket if not for the Olympics. It should be counted in the Olympic budget

Mate, why are you negative? 

1 minute ago, Tejas57 said:

I’m currently here at Southbank waiting for the announcement 

Fantastic!  Photo please of you can.  Half your luck, will be great to be there.

I’m watching the Channel 7 Brisbane coverage.

Still looking for the IOC Live session link on youtube.

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Mate, why are you negative? 

The scars from the woeful Gold Coast Opening/Closing Ceremonies will take a lifetimes therapy to heal

QLD should not be allowed near any major sporting event 

I’ll give you the closing (not that i saw it, but the blowback was intense), but I seem to remember the opening ceremony was the opposite - winning great plaudits. They did a fantastic job with the actual games too. Right up there with the great precedent they set with the 1982 commies. So far, Qld’s record with games seems to only have been blotted by a dud closing ceremony… quelle horreur!

2 minutes ago, DesmondChan said:

It is good that the vote will be conducted secretly.  Now we shall see if the IOC members from those who wants to bid for 2032, will vote against the proposal.

It has been secret vote since 2019 when Milano Cortina was elected over Stockholm Are.  The individual electronic devices for each IOC Member was used that day and so it wull again today for the Brisbane 2032 Vote, both secret votes.

7 minutes ago, DesmondChan said:

It is good that the vote will be conducted secretly.  Now we shall see if the IOC members from those who wants to bid for 2032, will vote against the proposal.

IOC Members rarely vote against the recommendations of the IOC Executive Board, even with a secret vote which has been in place sonce 2019 .

Just now, AustralianFan said:

It has been secret vote since 2019 when Milano Cortina was elected over Stockholm Are.  The individual electronic devices for each IOC Member was used that day and so it wull again today for the Brisbane 2032 Vote, both secret votes.

The secret ballots was done long ago.  What I mean is that with just a single candidate, the votes is still doing secretly, which is good, so IOC members can do their selection (Yes, No or abstain) with their vote, to show if they agree with the "future host commission" selection.  Nonetheless, the favour is still go to Brisbane for sure.