Brisbane 2032

AustralianFan

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

@AustralianFan how do we change location on the 7plus app?

Hi, I would delete the App and reinstall it and when it asks your location, select “Don’t Allow”.

But I’m thinking that as the 7plus App as an “Olympic Channel”, you might not need to, or they might stream it on of their other Olympic Channels as Tejas I think said.

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

How about 7plus app on tv 

Sorry I was incorrect and overstepped I’m sorry Victorian in trying to help. I was wrong in suggesting 7plus as the way to go as it doesn’t work for me either as been trying this morning. 

The only thing that i’ve found definitely works today is using expressvpn

Just get the shortest possibie subscription and cancel it after a few days

• Like 1

Premier, lord mayor’s Tokyo trip set for lift-off ahead of Games decision

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and Brisbane’s lord mayor Adrian Schrinner will fly to Tokyo on Sunday under a veil of secrecy in preparation for their pitch to Olympic officials later this week to bring the 2032 Games to the state’s south-east.

CREDIT:  Brisbane Times - Click Here to read more - July 17, 2021

Annastacia Palaszczuk to make final pitch for 2032 Brisbane Olympic Games ahead of Wednesday vote

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk will have a secret weapon when she makes her final pitch to secure the 2032 Olympic Games for Brisbane ahead of Wednesday’s vote.

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk will promise a better games than the 2000 Sydney Olympics in her final pitch in Tokyo to secure the sporting spectacle for Brisbane in 2032.

( to read more of this story, click the Courier Mail link below which requires a subscription )

CREDIT:  The Courier Mail - July 18, 2021

2032 Olympic Games is about building the southeast Queensland of tomorrow

On Wednesday afternoon in pandemic-ridden Tokyo, five words will be spoken that will change Queensland and Brisbane in particular, both physically and emotionally, writes Peter Gleeson.

And the winner is … Brisbane. 

On Wednesday afternoon in pandemic-ridden Tokyo, Queensland and Brisbane in particular will be the hottest place on the planet as it is named as the host of the 2032 Olympics.

It’s been a long and at times arduous process and there will be nobody happier on that day than premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and AOC boss John Coates.

( to read more of this story, click the Courier Mail link below which requires a subscription )

Credit: The Courier Mail - July 18, 2021

What are those images...is this gonna be the first Olympics to launch with its final official logo? Or are they just teasing the Olympic rings coming together (virtually in a final image or maybe with drones) when the final announcement is made?

1 hour ago, yoshi said:

What are those images...is this gonna be the first Olympics to launch with its final official logo? Or are they just teasing the Olympic rings coming together (virtually in a final image or maybe with drones) when the final announcement is made?

What images?

Flashback to the broadcast in Australia last time Australia bidded for the Olympics in 1993 for Sydney 2000

Channel Seven had a multi hour telecast with Ann Sanders and Garry Wilkinson hosting from the OPT in Sydney. From the announcement in Monte Carlo, Ray Martin and Bruce McAvaney hosted. Dawn Fraser and Norman May was also part of the broadcast in Sydney. Andy Raymond was reporting from the live site with Cameron Williams reporting from Homebush. Pat Welsh reported from Brisbane, Johanna Griggs and John Casey were other reporters from Sydney, Helen McCabe from Canberra, Kate Paton from Melbourne, Mike Smithson from Manchester

Channel Ten presented the announcement with Tim Wester and Anne Fulwood co-hosting the coverage.

Other Australian reports

We know that Brisbane's announcement for 2032 will be broadcast by Channel Seven in Brisbane with the potential to also be carried on 7plus for the rest of the country (let's hope) and the actual announcement to happen during news on the east coast. There will also be full coverage from the Olympic Channel which will be broadcast across the globe.

In terms of the Seven Network coverage I suspect Pat Welsh will be heavily involved as well as Max Futcher and potentially Amanda Abate. There should be reporters in the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, and Gold Coast and utilise some of the Seven News reporters/commentators in Tokyo including the likes of Mel McLaughlin, Chris Reason, Ashlee Mullany, Matt Carmichael, Blake Johnson, Ryan Daniels, Jason Richardson, Nathan Templeton, Mylee Hogan.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Victorian said:

Flashback to the broadcast in Australia last time Australia bidded for the Olympics in 1993 for Sydney 2000

Channel Seven had a multi hour telecast with Ann Sanders and Garry Wilkinson hosting from the OPT in Sydney. From the announcement in Monte Carlo, Ray Martin and Bruce McAvaney hosted. Dawn Fraser and Norman May was also part of the broadcast in Sydney. Andy Raymond was reporting from the live site with Cameron Williams reporting from Homebush. Pat Welsh reported from Brisbane, Johanna Griggs and John Casey were other reporters from Sydney, Helen McCabe from Canberra, Kate Paton from Melbourne, Mike Smithson from Manchester

Channel Ten presented the announcement with Tim Wester and Anne Fulwood co-hosting the coverage.

Other Australian reports

We know that Brisbane's announcement for 2032 will be broadcast by Channel Seven in Brisbane with the potential to also be carried on 7plus for the rest of the country (let's hope) and the actual announcement to happen during news on the east coast. There will also be full coverage from the Olympic Channel which will be broadcast across the globe.

In terms of the Seven Network coverage I suspect Pat Welsh will be heavily involved as well as Max Futcher and potentially Amanda Abate. There should be reporters in the Sunshine Coast, Brisbane, and Gold Coast and utilise some of the Seven News reporters/commentators in Tokyo including the likes of Mel McLaughlin, Chris Reason, Ashlee Mullany, Matt Carmichael, Blake Johnson, Ryan Daniels, Jason Richardson, Nathan Templeton, Mylee Hogan.

The IOC will also be livestreaming it on youtube.