Jump to content

Brisbane 2032


AustralianFan
 Share

Recommended Posts

Premier will travel to Tokyo for final Olympics bid but won’t attend any events

 

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk will fly to Tokyo this weekend to make the final pitch for Brisbane’s 2032 Olympics bid but officials are taking “nothing for granted” when it comes to winning.

 

Brisbane Times - Click here to read more - July 15, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

Hi Victorian (from another Victorian), I feel for you as you’ve been looking forward to this trip so much. 

The event will be telecast live on the IOC YouTube channel so you will be able to see it if you can’t be in Brisbane at the live site. You can also select a different “home” state as Queensland on the 7plus app. You should then be able to watch it on there as well.

The Victorian lockdown 5-day lockdown just announced starts midnight tonight and is due to lift on Tuesday, and subject to any Queensland border restrictions, fingers crossed there might be a chance for you.

The unfortunate thing is my last day to cancel my accomodation for Queensland is on Monday or I forfeit the funds. I have tried to contact various people to get any idea whether I will still be able to go but no one is giving me any answers. Our lockdown is due to end Wednesday 12am with my flight 8am that morning. I need to know Monday, I can't leave it until late Tuesday to find out.

Yes I can watch it on TV but it won't be the same. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be in the Olympic bid city as their name is read out as host. A home Olympics. Who knows what the future holds, we might not get another Olympics in my life time. I am very disappointed. I heart is sinking. My chance to be part of the Olympic dream has been swallowed (because of selfish NSW furniture removalists) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

Hi Victorian (from another Victorian), I feel for you as you’ve been looking forward to this trip so much. 

The event will be telecast live on the IOC YouTube channel so you will be able to see it if you can’t be in Brisbane at the live site. You can also select a different “home” state as Queensland on the 7plus app. You should then be able to watch it on there as well.

The Victorian lockdown 5-day lockdown just announced starts midnight tonight and is due to lift on Tuesday, and subject to any Queensland border restrictions, fingers crossed there might be a chance for you.

Also, atm Melbourne isn't classed as a hot spot with the QLD government. A part of me hope that considering they have had their own covid pop up, they might not close our border

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

Also, atm Melbourne isn't classed as a hot spot with the QLD government. A part of me hope that considering they have had their own covid pop up, they might not close our border

Stay positive as it’s out of your control. You’ll still always remember where you were when the 2032 Host vote was announced.

The Tokyo Olympics will be on as well so if you can make it up to Brissie, hopefully you can watch the Games from the Live Site and feel part of celebrations and history in a newly minted Olympic City :rolleyes:

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Victorian said:

Also, atm Melbourne isn't classed as a hot spot with the QLD government. A part of me hope that considering they have had their own covid pop up, they might not close our border

Hi Victorian, I’m so sorry to hear about the Queensland Government declaration about Victoria this morning.  This bloody COVID is causing these sudden impacts and your much loved and long awaited plans have been caught up in it all. (Do you have travel insurance?)

You’ve got an Olympic buddy here right here in Victoria too in myself so let’s stay in contact through this.

One thing trumps being present at an Olympic Host Announcement and that is being present at a home Olympic Games and also watching and visiting an Olympic City’s build-up to the actual Games.

So, my friend, for now, “relax” into knowing that as much as you want to be there at this moment,  you have done all you can and tried your best in a pandemic to be there.

You tried and that’s all you can do so kudos to you,  well done on giving it your best shot. 

For now set your sights on hopefully celebrating a vote for Brisbane and then visiting  Brissie regularly all through the build-up over the next 10 years.  Love to see your reports.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Hi Victorian, I’m so sorry to hear about the Queensland Government declaration about Victoria this morning.  This bloody COVID is causing these sudden impacts and your much loved and long awaited plans have been caught up in it all. (Do you have travel insurance?)

You’ve got an Olympic buddy here right here in Victoria too in myself so let’s stay in contact through this.

One thing trumps being present at an Olympic Host Announcement and that is being present at a home Olympic Games and also watching and visiting an Olympic City’s build-up to the actual Games.

So, my friend, for now, “relax” into knowing that as much as you want to be there at this moment,  you have done all you can and tried your best in a pandemic to be there.

You tried and that’s all you can do so kudos to you,  well done on giving it your best shot. 

For now set your sights on hopefully celebrating a vote for Brisbane and then visiting  Brissie regularly all through the build-up over the next 10 years.  Love to see your reports.

 

I am truly heartbroken and frustrated. I tried to get on a plane today but under the 5 reasons to leave our home we cannot travel to the airport. If anything over COVID and lockdowns, I've prided myself on following the protocols, regulations and not going rogue. 

I would've loved to be in Brisbane for the atmosphere as our country was officially announced as host. It would've meant a lot to me. I love the Olympics and the Olympic movement and although I know I never would become an Olympian as I've never been good at sports, this would've been close to being part of it. Also to purchase the papers the next day too. Hopefully I can find a way to get the Courier Mail to Melbourne on Thursday morning.

Do we think Qld government will lift the border ban on Tuesday night? My flight is 8:30am Wednesday morning.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I am truly heartbroken and frustrated. I tried to get on a plane today but under the 5 reasons to leave our home we cannot travel to the airport. If anything over COVID and lockdowns, I've prided myself on following the protocols, regulations and not going rogue. 

I would've loved to be in Brisbane for the atmosphere as our country was officially announced as host. It would've meant a lot to me. I love the Olympics and the Olympic movement and although I know I never would become an Olympian as I've never been good at sports, this would've been close to being part of it. Also to purchase the papers the next day too. Hopefully I can find a way to get the Courier Mail to Melbourne on Thursday morning.

Do we think Qld government will lift the border ban on Tuesday night? My flight is 8:30am Wednesday morning.

 

Hi Victorian, this is my first post on here but I have been reading this forum for a while now.  I have seen your posts about how much you were looking forward to being at the announcement. You have my deepest sympathies.  It is sad to see you denied that opportunity based on something that is out of your control.

Stay positive and like AustralianFan said above, remember that the main thing is to be at the games themselves so you still have tht to look forward to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I am truly heartbroken and frustrated. I tried to get on a plane today but under the 5 reasons to leave our home we cannot travel to the airport. If anything over COVID and lockdowns, I've prided myself on following the protocols, regulations and not going rogue. 

I would've loved to be in Brisbane for the atmosphere as our country was officially announced as host. It would've meant a lot to me. I love the Olympics and the Olympic movement and although I know I never would become an Olympian as I've never been good at sports, this would've been close to being part of it. Also to purchase the papers the next day too. Hopefully I can find a way to get the Courier Mail to Melbourne on Thursday morning.

Do we think Qld government will lift the border ban on Tuesday night? My flight is 8:30am Wednesday morning.

 

It’s hard to gauge when Queensland will remove us from the hotspot list.  It all depends on daily new cases numbers in Victoria 

 

1 hour ago, Victorian said:

I am truly heartbroken and frustrated. I tried to get on a plane today but under the 5 reasons to leave our home we cannot travel to the airport. If anything over COVID and lockdowns, I've prided myself on following the protocols, regulations and not going rogue. 

I would've loved to be in Brisbane for the atmosphere as our country was officially announced as host. It would've meant a lot to me. I love the Olympics and the Olympic movement and although I know I never would become an Olympian as I've never been good at sports, this would've been close to being part of it. Also to purchase the papers the next day too. Hopefully I can find a way to get the Courier Mail to Melbourne on Thursday morning.

Do we think Qld government will lift the border ban on Tuesday night? My flight is 8:30am Wednesday morning.

 

Let’s have a group chat in here during the Announcment on 21st anyway and be connected as we all watch it unfold.

The IOC Youtube Channel will have it commercial free but you can also set your home state as Queensland to see the 7 Network coverage on the 7plus App.

We’ll be in it together here to watch it and share our reactions and the developments, comments, wisecracks, etc :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AustralianFan said:

It’s hard to gauge when Queensland will remove us from the hotspot list.  It all depends on daily new cases numbers in Victoria 

 

Let’s have a group chat in here during the Announcment on 21st anyway and be connected as we all watch it unfold.

The IOC Youtube Channel will have it commercial free but you can also set your home state as Queensland to see the 7 Network coverage on the 7plus App.

We’ll be in it together here to watch it and share our reactions and the developments, comments, wisecracks, etc :)

I have cancelled my flights etc however if things change I will then move forward and book again

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I have cancelled my flights etc however if things change I will then move forward and book again

Good move.  When living in Perth I used to do trips over to Sydney to visit venues as they were being built. I’ve got a photo at Stadium Australia when it was fenced off but no construction started.  

Just loved seeing it and other magnificent venues rise up from the dust. The best part was then sitting in them during the Games, a truly magical, happy, inspiring atmoshphere and connecting with strangers from all over Australia and the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brisbane 2032: Nikki Webster ‘absolutely’ keen on Olympics encore

Nikki Webster is open to performing at the 2032 Olympic Games if they’re held in Queensland.

The Sydney Olympics ceremony shot her to stardom at the age of 13.

To listen to the Radio Station 2GB Interview with Deborah Knight here:

2GB Radio Station interview - click here - July 13, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, AustralianFan said:

Brisbane 2032: Nikki Webster ‘absolutely’ keen on Olympics encore

Nikki Webster is open to performing at the 2032 Olympic Games if they’re held in Queensland.

The Sydney Olympics ceremony shot her to stardom at the age of 13.

To listen to the Radio Station 2GB Interview with Deborah Knight here:

2GB Radio Station interview - click here - July 13, 2021

Surely we will have some new talent for 2032.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s 2032 and not a soul in the booming Olympic city is thinking about a premier’s Tokyo trip

By Zach Hope, Brisbane Times

It is spring in the year 2032 and I’m settled on the couch for the opening ceremony of the Games of the XXXV Olympiad.

Cameras way up on high on this special evening are panning across an illuminated cityscape for billions of awestruck viewers across the world, just like me.

(read this free and publicly available story below)

CREDIT:  Brisbane Times - click here to read the story - July 16, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Brisbane Olympic Games 2032 bid under threat after IOC sends warning to Annastacia Palaszczuk

Amid criticism of Annastacia Palaszczuk’s plans to travel to Tokyo next week, it seems a no-show could have disastrous consequences.

( to read more of this story from The Courier Mail, a subscription is required. The link to the story is below )


Credit:  The Courier Mail - July 16, 2021

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AustralianFan said:

 

Brisbane Olympic Games 2032 bid under threat after IOC sends warning to Annastacia Palaszczuk

Amid criticism of Annastacia Palaszczuk’s plans to travel to Tokyo next week, it seems a no-show could have disastrous consequences.

( to read more of this story from The Courier Mail, a subscription is required. The link to the story is below )


Credit:  The Courier Mail - July 16, 2021

She will be there

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...