Brisbane 2032

AustralianFan

Here is why the Premier got her Pfizer covid shot:

As envisaged in the Olympic Host Contract - Principles for the Games of the XXXV Olympiad in 2032, the proposed Brisbane 2032 signatories are:

• The Brisbane City Council (“Host City”), represented by the Lord Mayor of Brisbane

• The State of Queensland (“Host State”), represented by the Premier and Minister for Trade

• The Australian Olympic Committee (“Host NOC”), represented by the President In executing the Olympic Host Contract,

the host parties acknowledge and confirm that the signatories will be duly and properly authorised. While not an Olympic Host Contract signatory, the Australian Government has provided its full support for the Brisbane 2032 proposal

• Like 1

Palaszczuk plans to go to Tokyo to secure final Olympic hurdle

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk says she will probably travel to Tokyo in July to make the final presentation to the International Olympic Committee in person, barring any future outbreaks of coronavirus.

It follows the news that the IOC board had unanimously backed Brisbane 2032 Olympics, with the final hurdle now a full vote of the IOC in Tokyo in July.

Ms Palaszczuk said it was her intention to go and give the presentation in person, but that was dependent on circumstances.

“It will either be myself and the Lord Mayor [Adrian Schrinner] going, or it will be [Tourism and Sport Minister] Stirling Hinchliffe and the Deputy Mayor [Krista Adams],” the Premier said.

“This is incredibly important, there will be two representatives there from Queensland to ensure that the final finishing line is crossed successfully.”

By Stuart Layt — June 11, 2021

Credit: Brisbane Times

10 hours ago, TorchbearerSydney said:

I find it sad they cant do whitewater on a real river. (I think Paris 2024 asked the IOC about this)......in North Qld the Tully River in the Rainforest is amazing!

It certainly would look better set in nature.  But it’s nature’s unpredictability, especially in Queensland with the sudden very heavy flooding rains which can cause rivers and creeks to rise and overflow very quickly.   

It’s interesting the organisers are not going to use the Sydney 2000 regatta centre and have opted to host rowing and canoe sprint and whitewater events in Queensland.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rio2016man said:

Roy & HG will have another olympics in them at 2032 or Will some other pairing like Hamish & Andy or Rob Riggle and Ant & Dec provide the laughs???

i would think roy & HG will be done by than but i would not be suprised to see a show in the tradition of the dream

What has happened to Surfing, Karate, Skateboarding, Sportsclimbing, Baseball/Softball and the potential addition of Cricket?

Surfing would be a hostly contested venue battle between the Sunshine Coast and the Gold Coast? Maybe one hosts Men's Surfing and the other hosts Women's Surfing?

Karate could take place at the Queensland State Netball Centre (Nissan Arena) in South of Brisbane

Baseball/Softball could take place at Holloway Field in the Herston Cluster or Carrara Stadium on the Gold Coast in the Carrara Cluster if it isn't used for cricket.

Stateboarding and Sports Climbing I have no clue where- Maybe a temporary venue on the Sunshine Coast?

Cricket has lots of options- Carrara Stadium on the Gold Coast, Allan Border Field in Brisbane, Riverway Stadium in Townsville, Cazaly's Stadium in Cairns

On 5/1/2020 at 3:58 PM, Victorian said:

From my research, here are some venues that could be used for the games (not including the main Olympic Stadium)

Brisbane

The Gabba

Suncorp Stadium

Queensland Tennis Centre

Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre

Anna Meares Velodrome

Ballymore Stadium

Courier Mail Piazza

Brisbane Aquatics Centre

Hibiscus Stadium

Belmont Shooting Range

Queensland State Athletics Stadium

State Hockey Centre

Brisbane Entertainment Centre

Nissan Arena

Chandler Arena

Sleeman Sports Complex

Brisbane Showgrounds

Brisbane Exhibition Ground

Sleeman BMX Track

Wattle Creek Equestrian Centre

Holloway Field

Brisbane City Hall

Auchenflower Stadium

South Pine Sports Complex

Kangaroo Point

Southbank Parklands

Minnipi Parklands

The New Brisbane Live Arena

Gold Coast

Carrara Stadium

Robina Stadium

Carrara Indoor Stadium

Gold Coast Sports and Leisure Centre

Gold Coast Aquatics Centre

Gold Coast Convention and Exhibition Centre

Coomera Indoor Sports Stadium

Gold Coast Hockey Centre

Village Roadshow Studios

Southport Broadwater Parklands

Nerang Bike Trail

Broadbeach Beachfront

Currumbin Beachfront

Burleigh Beachfront

Royal Pines Golf Course

The New Gold Coast Arena

Sunshine Coast

Sunshine Coast Stadium

University of Sunshine Coast Arena

Lake Kawana

Noosa Heads

Bokarina Beachfront

Ipswich

North Ipswich Reserve

The Springfield Reserve

Other

Moreton Bay Sports Complex, Moreton Bay

Manly Boat Harbour, Moreton Bay

Redcliffe Stadium, Redcliffe

Logan Metro Centre, Logan

My predictions were pretty close!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Victorian said:

Baseball/Softball could take place at Holloway Field in the Herston Cluster or Carrara Stadium on the Gold Coast in the Carrara Cluster if it isn't used for cricket.

Holloway is in a built up area with bad public transport. it wil not be good for olympic baseball