IOC Chief Says “Yes” To Potential Buenos Aires 2032 Olympic Bid

GBModerator

Even before the curtains have officially closed on the Youth Olympic Games (YOG) that have been underway in Buenos Aires this month – new Olympic aspirations by Argentina are being discussed at the highest levels. When asked by a local journalist at the YOG closing press conference Thursday if the International Olympic Committee (IOC) would […]

The post IOC Chief Says “Yes” To Potential Buenos Aires 2032 Olympic Bid appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

did anyone tell them that i will be 47 when these olympics take place and that it is completely unacceptable to even think about or plan for scenarios when i will be that old?! totally unacceptable. i am legit having a panic attack rn.

the other side of the coin is that these IOC members will be hand-fed through a straw by their night nurses in their european palaces by then so wtf do they care who hosts the olympics? they won't even know what day it is. sure, give it to NK, why not.

I think Lima Peru is in a better shape to host the next Summer Games in South America then Buenos Aires Argentina is they are hosting the 2019 Pan American Games the venues in Peru are bigger then the ones in Argentina, Peruvian economy is also stronger then the Argentine one.

2032 is clearly shaping out to be the battle of Asia so it might be Lima Peru vs Buenos Aires for the 2036 games.  

What’s so funny, are the people who say that these redundant youth games serve as a “purpose” for those cities/countries who can’t afford to host the real-deal Olympic Games. Yet here we are, Olympic officials touting for Olympic candidates based on these silly, wasteful yourh games. Go figure.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FYI said:

What’s so funny, are the people who say that these redundant youth games serve as a “purpose” for those cities/countries who can’t afford to host the real-deal Olympic Games. Yet here we are, Olympic officials touting for Olympic candidates based on these silly, wasteful yourh games. Go figure.

I wonder what's your beef with YOGs while like it or not unless the actual Olympics can be as flexible as YOGs then cities will continue to avoid hosting it..

There’s no “beef”. What your deal though that you seem to think that these youth games are anything but a waste of valuble resources. There’s a reason the actual Olympics aren’t as flexible as the youth games, & that’s why they are THE  Olympic Games. The Olympics are a luxury to begin with, & not some charity event, like apparently you seem to think these youth games are.

On 10/25/2018 at 7:11 AM, FYI said:

There’s no “beef”. What your deal though that you seem to think that these youth games are anything but a waste of valuble resources. There’s a reason the actual Olympics aren’t as flexible as the youth games, & that’s why they are THE  Olympic Games. The Olympics are a luxury to begin with, & not some charity event, like apparently you seem to think these youth games are.

That's the point.. Today's people can't held such luxury when they complain about well pretty much anything they know.. They're the type of people who would prefer charity events then the Olympics.. That's why the Olympics should adapt or this new gen will ignore it and it'll return to history all over again.. 

The Olympics can only be cut back so much, though. So it’s not as simple as the Games ‘adapting to a new generation’. You certainly can’t host them with a budget that’s used for the youth games. Even a modest Olympics would still be quite expensive. Even L.A.’28 (which is suppose to be a ‘cost-efficient’ Games) is going to cost at least $5.5 Billion. 

What the IOC needs to at least do is stop adding sports to the Olympic roster, especially for the Winter Olympics where the topography of the Games is very unique & requires many specialized facilities where most cites/towns won’t need or use them once the Winter Games have left. That’s one way to keep the cost of the Games from increasing from one edition to the next.

On 10/28/2018 at 10:27 AM, FYI said:

The Olympics can only be cut back so much, though. So it’s not as simple as the Games ‘adapting to a new generation’. You certainly can’t host them with a budget that’s used for the youth games. Even a modest Olympics would still be quite expensive. Even L.A.’28 (which is suppose to be a ‘cost-efficient’ Games) is going to cost at least $5.5 Billion. 

What the IOC needs to at least do is stop adding sports to the Olympic roster, especially for the Winter Olympics where the topography of the Games is very unique & requires many specialized facilities where most cites/towns won’t need or use them once the Winter Games have left. That’s one way to keep the cost of the Games from increasing from one edition to the next.

With even yourself confirmed that "most cites/towns won’t need or use Winter Games facilities once the Winter Games have left" makes me realized that Winter Olympics is basically on life support and perhaps now's the right time for IOC to like it or not cut that support in favor of a much more flexible YOG a like beach/urban games which adapts to the host city rather than IOC's will. This is what I mean by adapting to the new gen or their pockets to be more specific.

7 hours ago, zigzag said:

in favor of a much more flexible YOG a like beach/urban games which adapts to the host city rather than IOC's will. This is what I mean by adapting to the new gen or their pockets to be more specific.

But that’s what the IOC’s trying to do already with Agenda 2020. Be more ‘flexible’ & now allow cities to taylor their bids to adapt to the host city instead of the Olympics. But apparently, that still presents problems - see Italy’s 2026 bid.

There’s only so much the IOC can do, though, & I still think that trying to compare them to the youth games is not a fair assessment. For starters, the youth games are just for kids, hence the name. And second, comparing the two is like comparing apples to cantaloupes, since one is by far bigger than the other.