Olympic ceremony moments

And what about the flops? Anyone?

Nothing I'd really call a "flop,"  People have their own preferences as to what they like/don't like.

The Seoul bbq I guess could be put into the flop category.  Sydney came verrrrryyy close to having one with the lighting of the cauldron.  Supposedly Montreal's flame went out when they moved it from the infield.  

At the World Cup Opening in '94, Oprah fell through the stage.  Now that's a flop!  :laughlong:

At the World Cup Opening in '94, Oprah fell through the stage.  Now that's a flop!  :laughlong:

What? I watched that opening ceremony but I don't remember that (OK, I was 11 at that time and didn't know yet who Oprah is)! Are there any pictures?

How was the Olympic flag handed to LA at the Moscow closing ceremony - was there any American there at all?

There was no Russian representation.  I've watched the tape again, and the flag was handed over by IOC medical commission chairman Alexander de Merode "on behalf" of the Soviets.

What? I watched that opening ceremony but I don't remember that (OK, I was 11 at that time and didn't know yet who Oprah is)! Are there any pictures?

I'll look around and see if I can find anything.  I don't know if it even showed up on t.v.  I was at Soldier Field for the opening and it was pretty funny - one second she's there, the next being helped up  :laughlong:

Archived