Athens 2004 Official Report

OK - Finally I recieved a reply from the Company which is selling the Report of Athens 2004 Report and what did they write????

They only sell the report in Greece but not outside the greek territory!! Whats taht for a fu++ing policy???

Anyone else here who is interested to buy the report and who failed???

WHat are they selling for?

I think that's how it'll always be for most of these Official Reports.  Outside of the IOC and a few repository libraries w/ Olympic studies, there really isn't much of a big demand for those.  (I seem to remember back in 1984, after the LA Games, the hard-cover 2-volume copy of the LA report was selling for like US$750.00 from LAOOC back then; and that was in 1984-85 dollars.  Luckily, a friend at LAOOC gave me the soft-cover, b&w, English-only condensed version.)  

Better be prepared that the Official Torino and Beijing reports will probably be available only in Italy and China.  What makes them so expensive, aside from the length and quality of the publication is that these Athens, Torino and Beijing Official Reports are probably tri-lingual -- English, French and the language of those 3 host countries.   A lot of the cost of that goes to the translation costs.  (Where is Mercator?  He should be able to confirm that.)

They don't publishing it soon. I asked AAFLA. They even don't have the report at the moment.

They say it's a long way to get the rights to publish the report.

So don't expect it too soon.

O thanks for the information

Archived