USOC Decides 2007

:) The right to be the preferred candidate city for the USA Olympic bid seems to be a major contest in its self...

Which just goes to show the rest of the world the Might and Power of the USA...

IMO this contest deserves it's own dedicated site here on the Gamesbids Forum topic boards.

The cities that will challenge New York for 2016 bidding rights would be-

Los Angeles

San Fransisco

Minnieapolis

Philidelphia

Houston

to name a few...

Is it possible to lobby the GB Forum moderator to create a new site for the USA bidding rights contest??

US users help me on this one. :help:

Alex, I already asked him -- see in GB Moderator questions...or whatever that section is.  And he said quite rightly that as soon as a City has a certified bid, then will a new folder be opened.  It only makes sense since everybody advances his own little town and hamlet as the perfect place to stage an Olympics.

I am assuming that the boards will be changed at the end of July when the official 2014 WOG race starts.....I can't remember though if the USA selection process for 2012 had it's own section then, or if it was just discused under the General 2012 thread....guess we'll just have to see....

2007? Isn't that a bit late? It should be earlier so it will give the winning bid more time to plan and prepare to compete with the world....that will help to create a winning bid.

As for NYC 2016, I thought it was a great bid and it had a great technical plan but the bid committee didn't show what it was really capable of doing.

2007? Isn't that a bit late? It should be earlier so it will give the winning bid more time to plan and prepare to compete with the world....that will help to create a winning bid.

As for NYC 2016, I thought it was a great bid and it had a great technical plan but the bid committee didn't show what it was really capable of doing.

yea actually they really did.....

I believe Ueberroth or Anne Cribbs, or one involved in a possible re-bidding said that the USOC would like a candidate by Nov/Dec 2006; so some 17 months away -- which doesn't really give much time to, say, I think the other viable cities the USOC wants to hear from: Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia.  I mean the USOC already knows what the cities from the 2003 round can offer.  

But it's a stupid game the USOC is playing.  I hope nobody bites -- and that that should be a signal to the IOC as well.

The 2012 USA contest did have its own section because it was easily the most intense national competition with 8 cities in total and 3 of the nation's most internationally known cities in the final 4.

A decision by 2007 is plenty of time.  London was one of the last cities to get its 2012 bid together and Beijing was one of the last to get a 2008 bid together.  And given that record...you just might want to announce the day before closing.

Guest ryan04
hey the Red Sox beat the Yankees for the World Series spot last year that is all the glory they need, plus IMO Boston is a little small, i have been there and it was so chatoic, NYC controls it's crazyness

i would love it if Boston won the nominatation, and than won the Olympics, its about time Boston beats NYC in something

hmmmm once again you don't know what you are talking about :rolleyes: (but what else is new)....Boston only has one rival with NYC....baseball...and the Red Sox won the World Series last year against the New York Yankees....I have been to Boston many times...great city full of American history....but yes it is pretty small

Archived