Seven American Athletes Flunked Drug Tests

Guess these seven American athletes thought they could get away from this, but failed badly. Come see the whole CBC sports article for yourselves by clicking on the link below. For advanced knowhow, the people in question are as follows:

Spinter Kelli White

Hammer thrower John McEwen

Cyclist Adham Sbeih

Sprinter Chryste Gains

Athlete Sandra Glover

Hurdler Eric Thomas

Hurdler Chris Philips

Kelli White, Six Others Flunk Drug Tests: USOC

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ho!...and for those Americans who think their athletes don't use that much drugs.

Never mind blaming the Communist countries of old and now for drug use, too.

• 2 weeks later...
according to article published in one of polish internet portals, based on article Daily Telegraph says that John McEnroe  admit that for six years  without his knowlage he was taking sterid. what is real image of sport how many athleats taking drugs without their knowlage? about 3 yeras ago there was an accident with polish weightlifthers, one guy put sterids to food of two very good polish athleats becous they didn't want to date with him, bouth girls was disqualified for 2 yers, they prove in court that it isn't their guild it didn't change nothing

What these athletes did was definately wrong,  but I have a question-

Is there any particular reason why alot of you are so quick to jump on American athletes that use drugs,  but yet when another person from another country does the same thing you just say "Oh well".

Just curious.

Is there any particular reason why alot of you are so quick to jump on American athletes that use drugs,  but yet when another person from another country does the same thing you just say "Oh well".

Just curious.

USA is accting as lord and master of whole world, they want to show how good they are ect it make me a sick when i think about SLC that was just few months ago and about NYC2012 Reno Tahoo 2014, Denver, Houston.......if you make yourself so "important" you have to be prepared for things like that.

Just curious.

Its got to do with the fact that for years the USOC has been covering up (or giving the impression that they are covering up) the fact that there have been positive drug tests amongst its athletes, and being vocal about how American Athletes are clean and are the best in the world.  So once a case is proven, of course people are going to jump on the Americans.  

There have been positive test of other countries athletes for years and years, so its nothing new.

Here's another one for the books:

Canadian Sprinter Could Receive Pan Am Bronze

This article talks about that American gold medalist, in the 100 metres, Mickey Grimes, took ephedrine and was caught by the US Anti-Doping Agency. He was stripped of the Pan Am medal.

Man, does the USA suck as a sporting nation or what?  :rolleyes:

Makes me wonder what is going on here. Is it that the USOC is "cleaning house", with the New York bid for the 2012 Olympic Games ongoing?

Makes me wonder what is going on here. Is it that the USOC is "cleaning house", with the New York bid for the 2012 Olympic Games ongoing?

Probably so...and some. :cool:

that sound as a reason

Just curious.

USA is accting as lord and master of whole world, they want to show how good they are ect it make me a sick when i think about SLC that was just few months ago and about NYC2012 Reno Tahoo 2014, Denver, Houston.......if you make yourself so "important" you have to be prepared for things like that.

A nation has the right to bid on an olympics as many times as they can.  While I agree the USA is one of the most ethnocentric nations on earth,   it's by far not the only one.  In fact there are many people on these boards that are ethnocentric about their country.

There are cities in Europe that are bidding that I don't care to see host the olympics,  but does anyone really care?  I don't think so.

It's actually getting kind of irritating how so many of you just hate the USA so much that you love to see any negative things written about it.

I should post stuff doing nothing but bash your countries ways or athletes, etc and see how you like it.

You all act as if athletes from the USA are the only ones to take drugs,  got news for you....thats not the case.

I'm not denying the bad things that the USA does,  but it just seems like you all like to jump on bad things our country does and ignore bad things other countries do.  Why is that?  What do you have to prove? That your country is better or something?

Hey Tweedie,

You're right...the point is these athletes cheated, and that is wrong.  I'm not denying that at all.

I'm just pointing out how its such a coincidence that athletes from other countries cheat as much as the USA does,  but yet nobody points that out,  but yet when American athletes are caught with drugs,  people on here jump on them and have a field day.  

I'm being the bigger man here by just not posting crap like this about other countries,  and trust me i've read some reports of other athletes from other countries doing drugs as well.

Hey Tweedie,

You're right...the point is these athletes cheated, and that is wrong.  I'm not denying that at all.

I'm just pointing out how its such a coincidence that athletes from other countries cheat as much as the USA does,  but yet nobody points that out,  but yet when American athletes are caught with drugs,  people on here jump on them and have a field day.  

I'm being the bigger man here by just not posting crap like this about other countries,  and trust me i've read some reports of other athletes from other countries doing drugs as well.

well, the world has adopted a evil image for the USA.....that might answer your question.

Just curious.

A nation has the right to bid on an olympics as many times as they can.  While I agree the USA is one of the most ethnocentric nations on earth,   it's by far not the only one.  In fact there are many people on these boards that are ethnocentric about their country.

There are cities in Europe that are bidding that I don't care to see host the olympics,  but does anyone really care?  I don't think so.

It's actually getting kind of irritating how so many of you just hate the USA so much that you love to see any negative things written about it.

I should post stuff doing nothing but bash your countries ways or athletes, etc and see how you like it.

You all act as if athletes from the USA are the only ones to take drugs,  got news for you....thats not the case.

I'm not denying the bad things that the USA does,  but it just seems like you all like to jump on bad things our country does and ignore bad things other countries do.  Why is that?  What do you have to prove? That your country is better or something?

if you think that it's all about biding for games you.................

it was only example to show you whay there is so big deal about it

and if somebody cheats one there is hightposoblity that he gone do uit one again (Go USA !!!! show us your graet champions)

Hey Tweedie,

well, the world has adopted a evil image for the USA.....that might answer your question.

What exactly are you saying mr. X,  that it is okay for you and other members to bash the USA for every little thing we do?

And by the way your response did not answer my question.

Hey Tweedie,

What exactly are you saying mr. X,  that it is okay for you and other members to bash the USA for every little thing we do?

I'm not saying anything but in the media around the world, there's a lot of anti-Americanism....mostly ignited by the Iraq war. I think it's right - right to think that the American gov't is evil.

I thought my answer would answer your question because when bad things happen in the USA, some people like it and the media around the world knows that this kind of news makes a lot of attention......for example, the recent 7 American athletes that flunked drug tests.

Hey Tweedie,

I'm not saying anything but in the media around the world, there's a lot of anti-Americanism....mostly ignited by the Iraq war. I think it's right - right to think that the American gov't is evil.

I thought my answer would answer your question because when bad things happen in the USA, some people like it and the media around the world knows that this kind of news makes a lot of attention......for example, the recent 7 American athletes that flunked drug tests.

You see....that's the problem,  you all criticize our way of life and our culture, etc because of the war in Iraq.  Since when it is okay to do this sort of thing because of your govt.'s actions?

Thank you Mr. X for admitting that people around the world enjoy seeing criticism about my country,  what other counries do people around the world like to see criticized?

Hey Tweedie,

You see....that's the problem,  you all criticize our way of life and our culture, etc because of the war in Iraq.  Since when it is okay to do this sort of thing because of your govt.'s actions?

Thank you Mr. X for admitting that people around the world enjoy seeing criticism about my country,  what other counries do people around the world like to see criticized?

It's normal. It has happened to other countries too......take a look at the result of Canada not going to Iraq last spring, and then what the American media said about SARS and BSE in Canada.

Hey Tweedie,

It's normal. It has happened to other countries too......take a look at the result of Canada not going to Iraq last spring, and then what the American media said about SARS and BSE in Canada.

Actually, I don't pay attention to what the American Media say's when it comes to other countries,  mainly because our Media is very ethnocentric about the USA.....but then again every countries media is that way about their own particular country.

From an anthropological point of view, it is normal to criticize other countries because we are all taught to believe that our particular country is better and superior to everyone else.

I learned this last week in Cultural Anthropology :),  it's just very annoying in my opinion though to see all this crap written.  Why focus so much on the negative aspects of a particular country?  Are there no positives?

Archived