The Bastard Gets Life

hektor

Eric Rudolph was sentenced today to two life sentences for the bombing of an abortion clinic in Birmingham.  Next week he will receive the same sentence for the 1996 Atlanta Olympic bombings.

Rudolph Gets Life

Why is that a General Olympic Discussion ? :suspect:

Because idiots here always connect the solitary actions of one (1) lunatic in an open park to the legacy of Atlanta's Golden Games - that's why.  All of which of course, now, pales in comparison to the 55 deaths in London.

Because idiots here always connect the solitary actions of one (1) lunatic in an open park to the legacy of Atlanta's Golden Games - that's why.  All of which of course, now, pales in comparison to the 55 deaths in London.

Baron, the sentence though wasn't for his actions in Centennial Park...that decision comes down in August:

1996 Olympics Bomber Eric Rudolph Sentenced to Life in Prison

And whilst I don't think it is part of the legacy of the Atlanta Baron, it's certainly wrapped up in the history of the 96 Olympics. What a freaking wacko!

Baron, the sentence though wasn't for his actions in Centennial Park...that decision comes down in August:

I know that.  I was tying it up for Hektor since he questioned the presence of Rudolph's story here.  We're not interested in the abortion clinic's sentence.

Because I knew it would irritate a bunch of people.   :devil:

He already got 2 life sentences for the abortion clinic murders.  So what extra punishment can an Olympic Park bombings sentence add?  Barred from watching the Torino Opening Ceremonies and the Ladies Figure Skating Finals??  OK, that would be toooo cruel, in our eyes.

What is weird is that they are charging him with the Birmingham and Olympic Park bombings but there were 2 other bombs in the spring and early summer of 1996 - an abortion clinic here and a lesbian nightclub both were bombed here in Atlanta.   They should have let the lesbians have 20 minutes with him alone in a room - that is ALL the punishment anyone should have to suffer!

Why is that a General Olympic Discussion ?

Why are there such room monitors in GB?   Is it that important that someone posted a topic in this section??   Does it wreck your surfing to see an off-topic post?   Will you be unable to sleep tonight?    How is this not "general Olympics discussion"?    And besides, since that bombing, host cities have had to change their security measures which considering that Athens spent US$2 billion, is certainly a major factor!

• 1 month later...

Archived