IOC Executive Director To Meet With Calgary 2026, City Council and Business Leaders Next Week

GBModerator

International Olympic Committee (IOC) Executive Director Christophe Dubi will travel to Calgary next Tuesday (July 24) to meet with the city’s business leaders, elected Councillors and officials from the Calgary 2026 Olympic Winter Games bid. At a ticketed closed-door Chamber of Commerce event, Dubi, along with Hannah Burns who focuses on the IOC site selection […]

The post IOC Executive Director To Meet With Calgary 2026, City Council and Business Leaders Next Week appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

On 7/20/2018 at 2:11 AM, mountainboarder_530@yahoo. said:

probably no more and no less than to see where they stand and if they are indeed lost causes.  After those meetings theyll probably have a better idea if this is code red or not.  I think they should batten down the hatches.

I agree with this.  I doubt there's much more to this visit where there's a need to fill in the gaps with unnecessary conjecture.  Certainly a smart idea to have a continuing dialog with a city like Calgary.  Doing that need not have anything to do with any other city.  If the IOC can start to get a better idea of where Calgary stands - and this should be a big help - then "good for them" to do it.