Italy Delays Decision On 2026 Winter Olympic Bid Candidate To As Late As September

GBModerator

The Italian Olympic Committee (CONI) has delayed the naming of its 2026 Winter Olympic bid city until as late as September, the organization announced at a meeting in Rome Tuesday. Milan, Cortina d’Ampezzo and Turin are among potential lead cities that were named when CONI submitted a letter of interest to the International Olympic Committee […]

The post Italy Delays Decision On 2026 Winter Olympic Bid Candidate To As Late As September appeared first on GamesBids.com.

View the full article

On 7/11/2018 at 1:05 AM, StefanMUC said:

Italy...the country that just elected a new government so open to welcoming people from all over the world. Not.

If I have the choice between Erdogan and Salvini in the end, I go for skipping altogether. But I‘m not the begging IOC.

Salvini might want to go for the bigger event the Summer Olympic and Paralympics Games eg Rome 2032 in his "Make Italy Great Again" Agenda I don't think he will want the 2nd best event which Italy just hosted 12 years ago he will want to go for something bigger, Salvini party looks to be the governing party for the very long term in Italy with the Forza Italia becoming a dead party. 

Italy might pull out of the 2026 race to go for Rome 2032.