Official report Athens 2004

tominger

Sometimes copies of the Official Reports show up on eBay.

Do you know how voluminous those OR's are?  The smallest I've seen are 2 hard-bound volumes of the LA-84 report.  ANd that's when the Summer Games aren't quite as big as they are today.  BUt maybe they will have a CD version of it.

No,

I would like to have it in a printed version and I really, really want to have it as soon as possible!!!!  :help:

@ Baron:

I only have the reports from Montreal and Atlanta and both sets consist of three volumes each and they are very bulky and heavy.

A while ago, I saw the Atlanta one on amazon.com - used but cheaper as usual. Its a really beautiful report.

Well, I think ATHOC will only be presenting their final Official Report to the IOC the week before the Torino Opening.  So that's when it will be officially released.  So, I would say, get ready to bribe: (a) either the printer in Greece for an extra copy; or (B) some aide of the Greek delegation in Torino.  ALtho, of course, they are only printed in limited, numbered editions.

Or contact some destitute East European IOC member willing to sell his/her Official Report copy to you.

I also contacted the IOC (no reply) and the Hellenic NOC. There they said I should contact ATHOC (and ATHOC told me to contact the NOC)  :upside: ....

It would be nice if you couls ask the Hellenic NOC again Pyrros - I mean you speak greek and maybe they do understand better (if you talk to them), what we are all waiting and looking for.

If anyone has any results: I want to buy one too!!!!

If you can -- with shipping costs, it may cost as much as US$500.00.  Generally, I think the IOC does not encourage its widespread printing.

I know, but it is fantastic collectorsitem and fits in my collection.

I already have the official report of Mexico 1968, Munich 1972, Sydney 2000 and Barcelona 1992. The other I still cannot get my hands on...but still trying.

If anyone has any results: I want to buy one too!!!!

If you can -- with shipping costs, it may cost as much as US$500.00.  Generally, I think the IOC does not encourage its widespread printing.

I know, but it is fantastic collectorsitem and fits in my collection.

I already have the official report of Mexico 1968, Munich 1972, Sydney 2000 and Barcelona 1992. The other I still cannot get my hands on...but still trying.

Why don't you download them from the i-net and then print them in colour - less money and you will have them all

Collectors want to have it in a printed version! Download/ CD Rom is nice, but to have it standing on your sjhelf is something totally different!!!  :blush:

@ Baron:

The Atlanta and Sydney reports (and I guess also SLC) was available for everyone. The IOC was satisfied with that. You simply ordered it and it was delivered to your house. Its was a way for ACOG and SOCOG to earn some money.

Collectors want to have it in a printed version! Download/ CD Rom is nice, but to have it standing on your sjhelf is something totally different!!!  :blush:

@ Baron:

The Atlanta and Sydney reports (and I guess also SLC) was available for everyone. The IOC was satisfied with that. You simply ordered it and it was delivered to your house. Its was a way for ACOG and SOCOG to earn some money.

Yes, I understand, I'm now looking at the big blue Sydney 2000 Gandidature Dossier on my desk and I get what you mean! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the info...I already sent an E-mail and will post a message if I get a reply!

No reply untill now.......Anyone made some progress?

Archived