The Value of an Olympic Medal

arwebb

So here in the states, every self respecting homosexual turns into HGTV for the latest on design trends for ones house and garden.  Well they have this show called "Cash in the Attic" where homeowners sell a bunch of their stuff at auction in order to raise the money for some home improvement project.

Well last nights episode features this guy who had a 1932 Los Angeles silver medal and participation medal that he had bought at a flea market a long time ago.  He puts them on auction and *poof* the participation medal sells for around $500 and the silver medal sold for $1950.  A lot less than the estimates of $3000 for the silver and $1000 for the participation that the auction expert on the show estimated they would go for but still, not too shabby.

I have heard that Shirley Strickland sold her medals in Australia to raise money for some charity but this was the one of the few times I had ever seen a medal being put on auction.

So here in the states, every self respecting homosexual turns into HGTV for the latest on design trends for ones house and garden.  Well they have this show called "Cash in the Attic" where homeowners sell a bunch of their stuff at auction in order to raise the money for some home improvement project.

Well last nights episode features this guy who had a 1932 Los Angeles silver medal and participation medal that he had bought at a flea market a long time ago.  He puts them on auction and *poof* the participation medal sells for around $500 and the silver medal sold for $1950.  A lot less than the estimates of $3000 for the silver and $1000 for the participation that the auction expert on the show estimated they would go for but still, not too shabby.

I have heard that Shirley Strickland sold her medals in Australia to raise money for some charity but this was the one of the few times I had ever seen a medal being put on auction.

Did you get Cash in the Attic from us or did we get it from you?

Did you get Cash in the Attic from us or did we get it from you?

Its a beeb original... there is an North American version on BBC America, made by the same producers as the original British version.

The poor souls. Is that what the special relationship has come to? Their leaders tell our leaders what to do and we send them our rubbish TV shows as revenge?

I think a lot of the HGTV shows are from Canada so we can blame them for a lot of the rubbish.  j/k

This thread has been hijacked!  :angry:

Archived