Okay, we're about four days to kick-off now, and the anticipation is slowly building. And so, finding myself with a bit of time on my hands, I thought I might as well go ahead and do the preliminary draw for the GamesBids 2018 World Cup sweep. So, far, however, we've only had 14 members nominating to take part (or having been nominated by others - I included Faster's nominees, and myself through Scotguy into the mix. So there's more than a few blanks in the chart. But more on that later.

First, the official pots for the draw, to show that due process is being followed:

40933379060_fc87a9492a_o.png

And now, drumroll please.... the draw! Time to find out what you got:

27875190757_9d578a2aef_o.jpg

Happy with your team? That's up to you. Whether you are or not, there's some good news ahead.

Firstly, there's plenty of good teams (in fact, most of the favourites as far as I can tell) that haven't ben drawn yet. 

What does that mean - well, firstly, there's plenty of spots open for anyone who still wants to enter the sweep, and plenty of good teams you'd have a chance of getting.

And seeing as we have less than half the sports allocated, I'm going to do a second chance draw on the day of the kick-off. Basically, all the names (and hopefully there'll be a few new ones by then) will go back in the pot and you'll be drawn a second team. You can then choose to support either, or both of the teams you've been given. Double to fun!

Anyway, celebrate or curse the luck you've had in the draw so far, and get ready for another chance in the draw come Friday. And don't forget, anybody new can still sign up. See you then.

In the meantime... hmmmm, what can I do with Switzerland???????

Edited by Sir Rols

I missed this when I was ignoring GB for months cause it's boring. what can I have?

ps: the new browser autocorrects the I 's so I guess this a battle I'm just not going to win. the whole point was to be lazy and now I have to go back and re edit the i's for "branding."

oh, I got Nigeria DUH

I'm so popular I just get stuff assigned to me.

I haven't come up with a Nigeria pun for my name, because nothing will ever be as good as ivory krowst, ever, although I try. sauerkraut or w/e was pretty slammin. kraussie kraussie kraussie I thought was great until I realized like eight months ago I should have gone with Russel krowe, duh, I'm such an idiot. OK well I'm short on time cause I took out ice cream like 5 minutes ago to defrost so I'm going to workshop this bitch right now, let you see my process, a bit of how the master works. I usually come up with something by the end of it.

*cracks knuckles* 

ok

*dicks around on Facebook for five minutes first*

*gets ice cream, eats like two bites and puts it back in the freezer* it was strawberry cheesecake or something gross like that.

hmmmm what do I know about Nigeria? Jim jones was always going on and on about abuja. krabuja? krowbuja? eh, it's wonky. how about the country name? krigeria? nigerikrow? these are fucking awful. ok, google time. they're nicknamed the "super eagles" which is lol pretty Nigerian I guess. eagles is kind of like krow? super kreagles? no, that sounds like kegles, which is hilarious but also irrelevant. hmmm Nigeria Nigeria this is going to be harder than I thought. I don't even have a "maybe I'll come back to it yet" — going to google maps, this is getting desperate. Lagos is a city in Nigeria. lagkros, kragos... oof this is hard, I think I need to get off geography. maybe wikipedia. no, that was a bust. looked at some Nigerian dictators, but too esoteric. what if I can't come up with anything? I'll have to delete all of this. no, I'll probably leave it anyway because it's already taken me like 5 minutes. oof. hmm, maybe krigeria isn't sounding so bad? oh, I know google news duh. Nigerian scammers are in the news. maybe prince "greetings of the day" krow.... eh. HIV news. that's a no. child trafficking. hm. gay deportations. this isn't getting any better. going to read some of these stories - this is so bad. OH MY GOD I READ ONE and it's got to be bokrow harram. only thing that works and it's sufficiently offensive. so happy, I always get there in the end cause I'm a genius and you, dear reader, are not. 

54 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

And what exactly DO you call a gay milkman?

well, now you don't know because I changed my avatar but it was obviously "dairy queen," which maybe you don't have those in Australia or you call them something ridiculous like "hungry jacks" instead of burger king. 

Sorry for the delay - I didn't know the kick-off was last night thought I had another day to go.

Anyway, here it is - the Final Russia 2018 WC draw -

27934642257_f6ca5772de_o.jpg 

Hope you're happy with your selection(s). To make up the numbers, i also drafted in another wildcard - the beloved Baron PierreIV. Maybe I shoulda reconsidered if I'd known he'd get Germany instead of me. And for Dezcrafty - the rule is now you have to come up with a Belgian or South korean board identity for the tournament.

Enjoy the tournament everyone, and good luck with your teams. Myself, I'll be watching about half the tournament from the Land of the Free Trumpland. Yes, swapping winter Oz for sunny California for a few weeks. I don't know which would be the worse time zone to watch it from.

Enjoy everyone!

10 hours ago, Lord David said:

Hmm... I totally forgot about this. So I got Spain and Denmark huh?

it's a bad sweep if someone gets two advancing countries. top tier countries should have been separated out, similar to how i created 2016's flawless for/against sweep, which need i remind you was a big hit with all 4 people who participated. 

• Like 1