Sydeny Opening

woohoo

Guest ryan04
ok i know it has been on the forums before but, what the he!! was wrong with Sir William Deane, Governor General of Australia, when he opened the games, i was watching the clip of the IOC's website and it seemed like he either has something shoved up is a$$, or he was drunk
  • 2 weeks later...
ok i know it has been on the forums before but, what the he!! was wrong with Sir William Deane, Governor General of Australia, when he opened the games, i was watching the clip of the IOC's website and it seemed like he either has something shoved up is a$$, or he was drunk

He had MS.

He had MS.

Oops!!!  :wwww:  :P  :P  :wwww:

Careful what you say, eh?!

Rumor had it that when he opened the Sydney 2000 Games, some Quebec separatists tried to make a big stink by saying he didn't declare the Games open in French as well as in English.

Well did you notice Prime Minister Howard's reaction in the background when the GG almost made the mistake?

Also they should have given him a better microphone as he hit it when he went to clap his hands.

Guardian, from what I recall the Government of Quebec launched a formal complaint to the IOC and Organizing Committee but nothing came about.

Louroz

Rumor had it that when he opened the Sydney 2000 Games, some Quebec separatists tried to make a big stink by saying he didn't declare the Games open in French as well as in English.

Really?  What idiots.

Juan Carlos didn't open the Barcelona Olympics in either official Olympic language.  In fact, I think he did it in Catalan.

Why not file complaints against ATHOC too for opening 2004 in Greek.  Or ACOG.  Bill Clinton didn't open Atlanta in French.

In fact, every world leader that has opened the Olympic Games has done so in the language of the city hosting the games.

Except once.  When Montreal hosted the Olympics, they invited the Queen of England and she did it in English.  Delicious irony.

Now go back to measuring letters on restaurant menus and signs outside of clothing retailers.

Really?  What idiots.

Juan Carlos didn't open the Barcelona Olympics in either official Olympic language.  In fact, I think he did it in Catalan.

Why not file complaints against ATHOC too for opening 2004 in Greek.  Or ACOG.  Bill Clinton didn't open Atlanta in French.

In fact, every world leader that has opened the Olympic Games has done so in the language of the city hosting the games.

Except once.  When Montreal hosted the Olympics, they invited the Queen of England and she did it in English.  Delicious irony.

Now go back to measuring letters on restaurant menus and signs outside of clothing retailers.

He said some words in Catalan and the rest in Spanish. Being the King of Spain, it would have been a scandal if he only spoke in Catalan  :D .

Really?  What idiots.

Well, I don't think you want to say something like that to a leader of a superpower like the USA. Unless, they want the Monroe Doctrine stuffed on their faces.

Archived