Budapest 2032?

1 hour ago, FYI said:

Please (& not being facetious), but there has been much, much worse posted on here (& on a consistent basis) that literally got no one banned that actually deserved it. Or it literally took YEARS for action finally to be taken for downright insulting/discriminatory posts. It would literally be a travesty if a well-informed poster like you faced such discipline, especially for something that’s not too far off. I enjoy reading what you have to say a lot of time.

Thanks! Yeah, I don’t really expect to be banned, but there’s really need for better moderation here, not only if some Hungarian or Chinese bot attacks. While there’s not much proper “bid news” to discuss these days, it’s clear that AF is just pompously trolling around here, especially when it comes to belittling those being taken by surprise from the 2032 decision.

I’ve improved on my ignoring trolls skills, but sometimes ir’s good to vent the frustration.

20 hours ago, StefanMUC said:

I’ve improved on my ignoring trolls skills, but sometimes ir’s good to vent the frustration.

That said, I think there used to be an ignore function on this site, which I am not able to find atm. Does anybody know where it has gone? That would make these forums so much more readable.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, StefanMUC said:

Thanks! Yeah, I don’t really expect to be banned, but there’s really need for better moderation here, not only if some Hungarian or Chinese bot attacks. While there’s not much proper “bid news” to discuss these days, it’s clear that AF is just pompously trolling around here, especially when it comes to belittling those being taken by surprise from the 2032 decision.

Exactly. Many of us have been around here long enough to know precisely how the IOC operates. So we don’t need to be repeatedly patronized about “information & reflection”, when we all know (or at least the ones who aren’t in denial for purely bias reasons) how this all went down. 

21 hours ago, StefanMUC said:

Lol, yeah. Sometimes it can be hard to bite your tongue, especially on these boards, when there’s been so many of them over the years that every once in a while you have to unleash. Boycott fetish boy certainly has his dedicated fans too, lol.

He's a bit defensive and a wee bit condescending, but we've had far, far worse. It's good we've got a local who is posting updates us on the likely 2032 host.

But he seems to have a blindspot when it comes to how discussion forums are meant to work. :lol:

Unfortunately, the Brisbane thread is impossible to browse and scroll through because full length articles are being posted one after the other. It's just walls and walls of text.

Edited by Rob.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A bit defensive & a wee bit condescending is putting it very mildly. He reminds of the L.A. 2024 cheerleading squads when they couldn’t accept any criticism or accept any facts that they didn’t like.

Sure we’ve had far, far worse. But he still  gets totally triggered whenever anyone points out the reality of what has gone down with the ‘new process’ with utter aggression & complete denial.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:31 PM, Rob. said:

It's good we've got a local who is posting updates us on the likely 2032 host.

On 3/30/2021 at 9:31 PM, Rob. said:

Unfortunately, the Brisbane thread is impossible to browse and scroll through because full length articles are being posted one after the other. It's just walls and walls of text

agreed on both. I live in Brisbane and work in the CBD. I would love to discuss the bid from a locals perspective, but when i do post, it just gets drowned out by the long form articles.

The long form articles are great as a historical record but it really stifles conversation

• Like 1

The amount of bandwidth alone the Brisbane 2032 thread must take up these days must be insane. Which makes the thread, ironically enough, unreadable cause it’ll make the reader go insane with all those redundant (for the most part) articles.

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning comrades, I’ve taken the feedback onboard and now post mostly brief posts with links to open the full article.

This hopefully had opened up more space and oxygen to discuss opinions and developments more freely. Some articles are behind paywalls so will post one or 2 paragraphs to capture the gist of the story.

Recent exceptions to this was this week’s major announcement around the demolition and rebuild of the Gabba as the Olympic Stadium including athletics.

• Like 2