Avengers (Assembled) - Infinity Wars - there will be spoilers.

There is a little scene between Tony Stark and Dr Strange that everyone seemed to miss - so keep an eye for it as it leads to a major plot point later on.  People were furious afterwards because they didn't understand the motivation for one characters decision and I was all like "ARE YOU F!CKING BLIND AND DEAF!?'  Stupid people.  See it sooner.  I need to vent.

On 26/04/2018 at 1:15 PM, thatsnotmypuppy said:

There is a little scene between Tony Stark and Dr Strange that everyone seemed to miss - so keep an eye for it as it leads to a major plot point later on.  People were furious afterwards because they didn't understand the motivation for one characters decision and I was all like "ARE YOU F!CKING BLIND AND DEAF!?'  Stupid people.  See it sooner.  I need to vent.

Just saw it and, yep, I know exactly what you’re talking about Puppy. Had to think it through, but when the light bulb finally went off (with the help of your hint), it’s pretty clear.

Yeah, funny audience reaction in the cinema at the end... a huge case of WTF?

He said there was one way he saw how they could win - and then he did what he did.  Obviously this meant short term pain (including to himself - which is why he was so calm when what happened to him happened to him).  The fact that so many people overlooked it was a surprise.  Like you'd just hand it over...?  I mean Marvel movies are pretty cookie cutter but they are always very sharply written so they slot into the bigger picture.  Nonetheless - roll on next May.

On 4/29/2018 at 5:58 AM, Sir Rols said:

Just saw it and, yep, I know exactly what you’re talking about Puppy. Had to think it through, but when the light bulb finally went off (with the help of your hint), it’s pretty clear.

Yeah, funny audience reaction in the cinema at the end... a huge case of WTF?

Exactly my reaction when I saw it last night. I was at the point of "wanting my damn money back" (and that's very rare for me to think this when seeing a movie). In fairness, a lot of people who saw this aren't hardcore comic book/superhero fans. I didn't read the Infinity War, and that's what prompted it in my case. Do remember Dr. Strange referring to short-term pain--to have that many superheros wither away seems scandalous. But I knew the iconic ones will come back with the next installment coming in May and see new ones; they're too important to Marvel and people would react very adversely if they're permanently gone. Surely Thanos got something planned for them afterward for the next installment. But why Thanos seems so at peace, save for the stumble, now with the sun shining at the end? 

I haven't read any of the comics - I haven't seen all the movies.  I just thought it was a pretty obvious giveaway.

The scene that triggered it for me was when he bartered for Tony's life and not his own.  Dr Strange is many things - martyr is not one of them.

Edited by thatsnotmypuppy

51 minutes ago, thatsnotmypuppy said:

Dr Strange is many things - martyr is not one of them.

Not to mention the fact that he didn't seem to particularly like Stark anyway.

Like you said, if he knew there was only one chance of success in 16 million (or whatever it was) well, I'm sure he didn't hand over the loot to be Tony's new BFF.

I wonder if people realize that many of those that withered away are already signed on to continue their role? No way in hell they would make them all prequel films, so they'll return. For part 2 I'm more concerned about those that remained, since those are the ones we more than likely won't be seeing again.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...