doping, security, development

zenica

The EU and it´s commission have to work together in a better way with IOC, FIFA, UEFA and WADA regarding doping. The next big events, OG Torino and WC Germany, are near and it´s clear that a lot of so called sportsmen are using doping. They have set up real punishment for those people, i.e. not only a disqualification for the next two years. What they are doing is a defraud of all the other athlets, the spectators and is also a criminal offense as it is often combined with a lot of money. Also included in the process should be the coaches which always are part of the swindle. This issue should have top priority for all sport and non-sport organizations.

Another point to work together should be security. All athlets and spectators should be save when they are in the venues (remember Munich 1972). They should have a special emergency program for those big events like OG´s, WC´s etc. Between the big events they should try to get "enemies" on one table (i.e. football matches between Israel and Palestina etc). People should do more sport. This will calm them down so they are able to find other solutions than hate and war.

Another point are developing programs for poor countries to support i.e. children, to give them a perspective for the future through sport. This is also the same for countries with big catastrophes (Tsunami, earth quake, hurricans). These people have no chance to get up again without help. So they will get the chance to live a normal life. Today´s youth is future´s hope, not only in sport. That´s way I think these organisations should develop these programs.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Terrorism is a problem of world politics and has not much to do with sports. Safety programs should be developed in cooperation with IOC to make the Games save. Terrorism always leads to catastrophes. It´s the job of politics to clear this issue. But this can´t be done overnight. If everything works hand in hand things like Munich 1972 never would happen. Criminals like terrorists have nothing to do with sport. Sportists support the together of all people of the world. There is no place for terrorism there. It´s up to the politics to talk about terrorism.

here is a report from a security meeting in Salzburg regarding great sport events. It is also related to the Olympic bid, Football WC 2006, EC 2008 in Austria etc. It has great influence on future organisation of a possible host of the OG 2014 in Salzburg.

All responsible officials were there: Mr. Jungwirth, head of the OC Salzburg 2014 plus a lot of International officials. What I´ve missed: no other responsible people from Salzburg were there.

Sorry, it´s for German readers only:

http://www.salzburg.com/sn/salzburg/artikel/1777525.html

Regarding Torino 2006: my opinion is that IOC has to accept Italy´s laws. People who want to use the Games for their own business shoudl have real fear to get in prison for what they have done. I think that´s the only way to get clean games and athlets. What´s the worth of records where the athlets are filled up with doping. This is like all other drugs, you can´t get away from it. We need clean games and clean athlets, not that dirty business like in the past. WADA have to do a lot more and push there opinion. This is also a signal for the youth: without drugs, only their own power, that´s all.

I heard about it that several countries want to boycott the Games in Torino because of the strong laws there. This is really impertinent. WADA and IOC has to punish these countries and, if they are not willing to accept, to exclude them from future Games. That´s the only way to clean the sport. All other scenarios are a Punch and Judy show. WADA and IOC have to find much stronger punishments to fight against doping and beguilement in all segments of sport. They have to develop several new project like as in the past against terrorism. Only punishments seems the only way to get a clean sport and clean athlets in all disciplines all around the world. The perfect situation is not possible, I know.But we have to try to get as close as possible. It is the job of all organisations, officials, coaches and athlets on which they have to think the whole day. Then we will have excellent games in every discipline.

Naturally doping is an important theme like drugs or alcohol. Like in public traffic there should be no tolerance regarding alcohol etc. I only agree to close out the people when catched the first time for 2 years. A second one should lead to total exclusion. This should happen while big or small sport events. If there is to much tolerance there is always someone who tries it. What is the sense of world records done under doping? Should there be "true" results or does the end justifies the means? It´s like in criminalism. The way against doping is a very long and rough way but it will be successfull when consequential. The laws has to fit and there will be less and less problem every year.

Regarding Torino 2006: my opinion is that IOC has to accept Italy´s laws. People who want to use the Games for their own business shoudl have real fear to get in prison for what they have done. I think that´s the only way to get clean games and athlets. What´s the worth of records where the athlets are filled up with doping. This is like all other drugs, you can´t get away from it. We need clean games and clean athlets, not that dirty business like in the past. WADA have to do a lot more and push there opinion. This is also a signal for the youth: without drugs, only their own power, that´s all.

Yes, the IOC should respect Italy's laws. However, how many performance-enhancing drugs do you think it is undetectable at this time?

Sure, there are a lot and the number will grow every day - if the organisations doesn´t punish it´s use consequently. It´s like a tree that has to grow in a line, not in an arrow. If it´s to old it´s too late to do anything. Fighting against doping is one of the most important segments in sport life.

I'm not exactly sure where this topic is going, but I think in a very generalized way if your country is hosting an OG and has higher standards for anti-doping than the IOC, then the IOC should respect your rules. And, if your country is hosting an OG and has lower standards, then the country should respect the IOC's rules.  :upside:

Having read the news that Italian officials want to be strong for their laws, I think that´s absolutely correct. People who want to try it should bare the risk to go to prison. That´s the only way to end this game. Doped athlets who are stupid enough to come to Italy better should stay at home otherwise the have to bare the consequences. It´s no time to stop manipulation by doping. Let´s hope that there will come a new era of clean events and athlets and not only lyers who only look at the profit. The point of view of the Italian government is the correct one - without any discussion.

Latest news from today: IOC will show zero-tolerance reagrding doping and want to have clean and excellent Games in Torino. This  are the right news for all liable athlets and against all criminals in sport. This is the right decision and a sign for the future athlets, coaches and officials. Every honest man should be happy about it. I hope they will detect all dopers. Only the best clean athlet should go on top position.

The Italian government with it´s strong laws against doping is on the right way. It´s impossible to reduce this laws during the 16 days while there are the Games. We are not talking about cocain or lsd. We are talking about the athlets and coaches which use illegal medicaments. It can´t be that there are people in the Olympic village which use these things in an extensive way. It´s right that Torino signed the IOC charta in 1999 but it´s not so, that the IOC is over the governmental laws. That´s ridiculuous. The IOC has to understand that there has to be a strict way against doping. Only not to step on the feet of some countries which are very mighty - that´s the wrong way. There is only one way out of the dilemma with doping - the strong way. This also have to understand people like Rogge, Pound, Pescante etc. These people are responsible for sport in the IOC and for it´s image in public. Only hard punishment is the only way to get out of the trap of doping. If someone want to boycott the Games they should organize their own Games in their countries, sponsored by the pharma industry - but not with the rest of the world.

The security programs for the Games in Torino, Vancouver and Beijing, later London have to be on highest level because of the actual situation in the world. It´s impossible to think that there could be thousands of dead because of a terrorist attack. These programs have to be developed on highest standard. This will be the case also for the organisators for the next 15 years minimum. They don´t have to give terrorists a chance to get a target for their doing while Games which should be Games in peace and friendship (like it happened in Munich 1972). Let´s hope this won´t happen any more in the future. There have to be, besides own security departments, also involved international organisations like NATO etc. to improve security. The risk will be then on a lower level - but it´s still there. A coordination between all (governments, IOC, international organisations, sport organisations, also the public) is absolutely necessary to observe the situation and to do the right things before it´s too late. Besides doping this is the second important problem which need the full support of all. Without security there will be no organisation of any big event like OG´s, where the organisators give a guarantee for the security of the athets, officials and the auditors.

The security programs for the Games in Torino, Vancouver and Beijing, later London have to be on highest level because of the actual situation in the world. It´s impossible to think that there could be thousands of dead because of a terrorist attack. These programs have to be developed on highest standard. This will be the case also for the organisators for the next 15 years minimum. They don´t have to give terrorists a chance to get a target for their doing while Games which should be Games in peace and friendship (like it happened in Munich 1972). Let´s hope this won´t happen any more in the future. There have to be, besides own security departments, also involved international organisations like NATO etc. to improve security. The risk will be then on a lower level - but it´s still there. A coordination between all (governments, IOC, international organisations, sport organisations, also the public) is absolutely necessary to observe the situation and to do the right things before it´s too late. Besides doping this is the second important problem which need the full support of all. Without security there will be no organisation of any big event like OG´s, where the organisators give a guarantee for the security of the athets, officials and the auditors.

Yes, and so?

Every future actual or potential host already knows this.

The OC for Torino 2006 seems to be well prepared regarding the security projects because of their experience from prior years. We should have secure Games. That´s most important for all athlets, auditors and inhabitants of Torino. This should also work for future Olympic host cities. These projects are very money and time consuming but this is absolutely necessary for successfull OG´s.

Archived