Ah the old "it's all political" chestnut coming up again from some people.

Well, take a look at this:

http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/13/still-think-eurovision-is-decided-by-politics-the-2018-song-contest-results-prove-its-not-7542072/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

As for SuRie, she made the best out of this horrible situation, but the song was also very very mediocre and with a worse performer, it could easily have ended dead last. Same goes for Oz, it was generic claptrap really and Jessica was overenthusiastic in her performance. At least televoters saw through this (and the Swedish boredom).

I'm happy for the winner, and the whole top 6 in general was great, even my own country after a string of disasters (and claims that it's all political, hey ho) came back to the top 5 (much to my surprise as I wasn't really a fan of the song).

Bring on 2019!

Heh, always interesting to see other countries also have the same "all politics" arguments as us - & every bit as tedious & nonsensical by the sound of it. Israel & Cyprus are both well known for having lots of neighbours & friends after all :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, StefanMUC said:

Ah the old "it's all political" chestnut coming up again from some people.

Well, take a look at this:

http://metro.co.uk/2018/05/13/still-think-eurovision-is-decided-by-politics-the-2018-song-contest-results-prove-its-not-7542072/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

As for SuRie, she made the best out of this horrible situation, but the song was also very very mediocre and with a worse performer, it could easily have ended dead last. Same goes for Oz, it was generic claptrap really and Jessica was overenthusiastic in her performance. At least televoters saw through this (and the Swedish boredom).

I'm happy for the winner, and the whole top 6 in general was great, even my own country after a string of disasters (and claims that it's all political, hey ho) came back to the top 5 (much to my surprise as I wasn't really a fan of the song).

Bring on 2019!

Funny cause I read this article yesterday by the Economist which showed it’s as bloc-voting as ever.

https://www.economist.com/news/europe/21742117-continents-annual-singing-tournament-becoming-increasingly-partisan-neighbourly-voting

And the article you posted doesn’t really say much. Tries to use Germany coming last three years in a row to coming 4th this year as a reason why politics isn’t a factor in Eurovision? Please, everyone knows politics is alive and well in Eurovision voting. Otherwise Russia would’ve given jury points to Jamala in 2016 and Russia wouldn’t still be being booed every year. 

Anyway you didn’t really answer why Cyprus’ scores were so wildly inconsistent. Got the second highest amount of 12s and yet 15 nations gave it 0 but the public voted it second. I merely asked if there was something I didn’t know about Cyprus as the results were very odd. 

5 hours ago, Scotguy said:

But the UK were offered a chance to sing again to keep it on a level foot and potentially increase their chances of more votes, but they declined. the person running on stage was disappointing but if they are quick enough it can happen at any event. My main concern was how the hell did he manage to get a backpack into the arena, surely they should have been banned for general safety, checked or not...

If I was her I would have gone again but I understand why she didn't. God knows what will happen in Israel if anyone storms the stage with a backpack.

On 5/14/2018 at 8:33 AM, Scotguy said:

Wales will take part in this years Junior Eurovision Song Contest. Hopefully this will set the precedent for separate entries within the main contest. 

We dont need separat entys in the Main contest,

But I have always thought that for the Uk to do well the Uk should enter a song that sounds Scotish.

even use Bag pipes in a Mike Oldfield sort of way.

18 hours ago, The Tower Bridge Fox said:

We dont need separat entys in the Main contest,

But I have always thought that for the Uk to do well the Uk should enter a song that sounds Scotish.

even use Bag pipes in a Mike Oldfield sort of way.

Well we had the perfect song in 2007 - Cyndi (My Heart is Yours) but it was rejected for Sccoch flying the flag for you :( A powerful ballad went on to win that year....

• 2 weeks later...