Sign in to follow this  
hektor

Summer Games in Korea

Given the success of the PyeongChang Games I think we could have soon a Korean bid for the SOG

There is a possibility of Seoul Mk II of course, but we also had the Summer Universiade in Daegu and Gwangju and the Asian Games in Busan and Incheon.

So many possibilities

Seoul is entirely possible as the next Asian SOG host if - thats if Southern Asia doesnt get itself together in the next 20 years (potential in Singapore, KL, Bangkok and to a lesser extent, Delhi). 

I agree, I stated in my verdict of PC that I am on the lookout for another Seoul bid. They already have many of the existing venues left over from 1988, and could host a successful games with impeccable organization.

But the above poster is right, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur are coming up, I wouldn't be surprised if there is a aserious bid from one of them in the near future.

I think South Korea (Most likely, Busan) will bid sometime soon. However, I don't see them getting it until at least 2040 unless an Atlanta-Like situation comes up which, isn't going to happen for a while.