Nikoly

YOG 2022 Africa conflict?!

Just now, intoronto said:

Its not a definite choice, but if a viable bid arises they will be preferred over any from other continents. 

Some articles as in usatoday,the link provided, use a definite statements that Africa will host the YOG 2022

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2018/02/08/olympic-games-in-africa-a-door-long-shut-could-be-opening/110241096/

Its not a definite choice, but if a viable bid arises they will be preferred over any from other continents. 

Some articles as in usatoday,the link provided, use a definite statements that Africa will host the YOG 2022

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2018/02/08/olympic-games-in-africa-a-door-long-shut-could-be-opening/110241096/

Are we not on the brink of Olympic conflict?

1. A mere eight months before host selection in Oct the IOC announces a targeted approach (and apparently a definite selection of Africa). This is a full disregard for all the efforts and investments into potential YOG bids by other NOC' and interested parties.

2. IOC's reason for this targeted approach for Africa is to have Africa earn its right for going next level the bigger Olympics. This is appalling as no other country has ever been expected nor required to follow this route.

3. IOC's targeted approach is not only an unnecessary modification but also a very serious blunder as it makes Africa look like it is receiving a handout. There are African countries which are fully capable to  raise an YOG bid on their own initiative if they choose to. 

I think its the other away around. There isn't any bid that has arisen, so the IOC has decided to go to a targeted approach. I think this will cause bids to arise now from Africa. 

I think its the other away around. There isn't any bid that has arisen, so the IOC has decided to go to a targeted approach. I think this will cause bids to arise now from Africa. 

"There isn't any bid that has arisen..." meaning from Africa or any other continent?

i guess the IOC realise that YOG is something not many countries/cities are willing to bid for

and so they try to sell this "bad product" to Africa and label it as a chance for future big olympics

22 hours ago, cube said:

i guess the IOC realise that YOG is something not many countries/cities are willing to bid for

and so they try to sell this "bad product" to Africa and label it as a chance for future big olympics

Striking statement with large coverage. Could the subject matter here be seen as sensitive for political correctness which might be the reason members in here have thus far avoided to offer their rendition of the case?!