• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hodori, the mascot of the 1988 Olympics in Seoul.

Lady Gaga's evil twin.

First winter closing ceremony to not have an opening balls-up to laugh at since 2006. 

I don't think it's very helpful to keep the athletes seated if you want to create the party atmosphere that is usually part of a closing ceremony. And from that audience, you can't expect any kind of party atmosphere. I thought that Exo is very popular in Korea? I couldn't verify that with the (non-)reaction of the audience.

Just now, SkiFreak said:

I wish the organizing committees could provide the ceremonies performance program on their website, with a full song and artist listing.

True. Only Torino and London did that so far, and it's particularly helpful in lesser known host countries which have lots of complicated names or stories that you don't know yet. It helps to re-read that after the ceremony.

Yimou goes techno! Also, sentient televisions are coming to take over the world. Pretty, even if its just a take on Tokyo. Still nice to see what handovers can be if given proper space - IOC must've acted after our non-entity in 2008. 

Just now, Olympian2004 said:

True. Only Torino and London did that so far, and it's particularly helpful in lesser known host countries which have lots of complicated names or stories that you don't know yet. It helps to re-read that after the ceremony.

Does anyone on the board happen to have these?