• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hodori, the mascot of the 1988 Olympics in Seoul.

Lady Gaga's evil twin.

First winter closing ceremony to not have an opening balls-up to laugh at since 2006. 

Well, that interlude segment was weird. According to Claro, the turtle is a messenger from earth to Gods.

Nordic domination at the medal award. :lol: didn't we heard Norway anthem as well in Sochi?

Interesting. CBC just flashed up a little commercial. They're broadcasting until the 2024 Paris Olympics. Didn't know that. After that, I wonder if CTV will grab the rights.

1 minute ago, Ikarus360 said:

Well, that interlude segment was weird. According to Claro, the turtle is a messenger from earth to Gods.

Nordic domination at the medal award. :lol: didn't we heard Norway anthem as well in Sochi?

Yes, we did - Marit Bjorgen won there, too. And we heard the Russian anthem there - played for the triple winners in the men's 50 km, Cheatsky, Dopinsky and Fraudsky.

Just now, Ikarus360 said:

Hopefully next IOC president will remove that "Olympic champion in yaddayadda" crap. Literally nobody cares.

I didn't know until recently that Bach insists on the mention of his Olympic champion title everytime he is introduced at the Games. It only emphasises for me what a prick he is.

While I have nothing against the London 2012 anthem arrangements, I hope they give us fresh air in Tokyo and make new arrangements. It's getting a bit boring hearing them in 2-3 Olympics already.

5 minutes ago, Ikarus360 said:

didn't we heard Norway anthem as well in Sochi?

If you think it's bad now- in another couple of Olympics, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia, USA (via Alaska) and Canada may well be the only nations in the world where cross-country skiing is possible.